lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Drsax01
Not Yet Wild

Default Programmable vs Non Programmable Controler

Is there any benefit of having a programmable 400 or 500 AMP controller Verse a Non programmable controller?
And Is a new F/R switch necessary? I understand the need for a beefed up solenoid.
I’m on a tight budget and I’m trying to get more torque and maybe down the road (way down the road) get a faster motor. I need to do this in increments so the wife doesn’t realize the money that’s going toward the cart.

I have an EZGO TXT Series cart. 4 AWG wires thru out and stock everything else, with a rear seat.
Thanks
Drsax01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Programmable vs Non Programmable Controler

If you ever plan to upgrade to 48 volts I would get a programmable controller so you can set your under/over voltage when you do. If you are wanting more speed you will need to convert to 48 volts so consider that when upgrading a little at a time so you don't buy upgrade parts that are useless when you convert. If you are going with a 400 or 500 amp controller I would definitely get a heavy duty F/R switch or cam replacement from Scottyb. I ordered just the cam replacement from him and it's heavy duty!
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

I am interested in this thread. I have a programable 400 amp alltrax and have made a switch to 48v. I have never done anything different to the controller. What can you program on it, I have never tried, it worked on 36 and now has been 48 for three years.
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax programables can be wired to a laptop. There several variables that include such things as more torque/less speed, max speed forward, max speed reverse. It's actually quite interesting to look at the program and try to set your perfect cart parameters. I stayed 36 volt so didn't really pay much attention to what was available.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO