lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
mlippens@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 Easy Go Hooked batteries up backward

I installed new batteries, but when I connected the controller leads to the batteries, I forgot to label them and hooked them up backward. Upon pressing the pedal, smoke was release from the controller area (from under the cover, so I am not sure where it came from). Any ideas to what I fried or how I can figure out? I turn the key on and put t in forward and the solenoid clicks, but when I push the pedal, nothing happens. Thanks in advance!
mlippens@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 Easy Go Hooked batteries up backward

You need a controller for sure. Sorry to be the one to give you the bad news. Once you let the smoke out of them you can't get it back in.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 Easy Go Hooked batteries up backward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
You need a controller for sure. Sorry to be the one to give you the bad news. Once you let the smoke out of them you can't get it back in.
. . . now that's funny . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car