lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
cellz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Pot vs VGlide.....and MCOR?

I am about to buy a new D&D motor to replace the stock motor I smoked two weekends ago. When I was researching PQ vs D&D I started to see a lot of posts on Pot Box vs VGlide and then a bunch on MCOR. The posts were great, but I couldn't find the basics on pot vs Vglide. Can you guys help me please understand if I should be replacing this prior to the new motor upgrade or after or never?

What is the difference in VGlide vs Pot Box from performance?
What year did the CC 48V change? How can I tell which my 1998 CC 48V has?
How can I test if mine is working correctly?

Lastly, is there any advantage to changing or upgrading (if possible) the MCOR? Does it impact performance?

I have a 1998 CC 48V with HD f/r, HD solenoid, alltrax 500, 4ga cable. The motor I think was my last upgrade until I started to read the posts on VGlide/ Pot Box and MCOR. Now I wonder if I should focus on those before buying a new motor.
cellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Pot vs VGlide.....and MCOR?

its like comparing an auto trans to a manual trans........pot is much smoother as far as m-cor i,d stay with a pot unless cart already has m-cor..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Pot is old school.... throttle range of 1-100% works in increments of 1. Very smooth operation. V-Glide is 5 step, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100%. Not as smooth as a pot box. An MCOR is very similar to the pot box with the exception that it's sealed and MUCH easier to replace when it goes bad. It also works in increments of 1. It's the most recent of the three and it gets my vote any day of the week.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

vglide is like 7 steps of resolution. a pot is continuously variable.
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vglidevspot.jpg (56.2 KB, 0 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
never enough
Not Yet Wild

Curious about this as well, I have read several posts about replacing the v-glide with a pb-6 throttle control and I think I understand whats involved and how to wire it. However, I have not been able to find any info on converting the v-glide over to MCOR. Is it fairly straight forward? Any links to info would be great, I have searched, and searched, and searched, and...... well, you gt the idea. I like the idea of the mcor but not sure if it is even possible to swap in. According to the serial # I have a 2000 model club car ds 48. Any more info on the subject would be great, thanks!
never enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by never enough View Post
Curious about this as well, I have read several posts about replacing the v-glide with a pb-6 throttle control and I think I understand whats involved and how to wire it. However, I have not been able to find any info on converting the v-glide over to MCOR. Is it fairly straight forward? Any links to info would be great, I have searched, and searched, and searched, and...... well, you gt the idea. I like the idea of the mcor but not sure if it is even possible to swap in. According to the serial # I have a 2000 model club car ds 48. Any more info on the subject would be great, thanks!
Sure it's possible. Club Car offers an MCOR conversion kit. Part number 102248301. It comes with an MCOR and every single wire and connector you could possibly need. It also comes with a new accel bracket and pivot rod which helps if you've got slop in your poedal. Instructions are also included.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the only drawback to the concersion kit is the price, unless they lowered it the kit wasn,t the cheapest thing to buy...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

My PB-6 went in with no modifications to the linkage or need for a bellcrank. The unit was sealed prior to installation.
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pb6.jpg (464.9 KB, 0 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
never enough
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Sure it's possible. Club Car offers an MCOR conversion kit. Part number 102248301. It comes with an MCOR and every single wire and connector you could possibly need. It also comes with a new accel bracket and pivot rod which helps if you've got slop in your poedal. Instructions are also included.
Thanks for the quick reply, that is exactly the info I was looking for. I am very experienced in fabrication and modifying things so Im not sure I need the whole kit as I can build most of what I need. I guess my next question would be... Does there need to be any modification to the wiring (other than lengthening) or will the MCOR plug directly in and work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
the only drawback to the concersion kit is the price, unless they lowered it the kit wasn,t the cheapest thing to buy...............................
Yep, the kit is a little more pricey than I expected.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
never enough
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
My PB-6 went in with no modifications to the linkage or need for a bellcrank. The unit was sealed prior to installation.
-sj
Thanks for the pic and info, I may end up going this route if the MCOR proves too much of a hassle. I have seen some good reviews on it, my only concern is how open the pb-6 looks, seems very vulnerable to damage from water or dirt.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car