lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
winghunting
Not Yet Wild

Default Speaker Amp ?

I have a EZGO 36 volt cart that has a 36 volt to 12 volt converter that is 25 amp max output. I am looking to put a speaker amplifier on the cart to power 4 speakers. My question is, what size amplifier should I look at buying? I assume that if I got a 250 watt amplifier divided by 12 volt, it would be 20.83 total amps output? Am I looking at this right? I have searched but did not find the answer. The speaker amp will be the only thing that is going to be run on converter.
winghunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speaker Amp ?

I don't know about the math, but on my cart the stereo is 52 watts x 4 ch and it came with a 10 amp fuse installed. My 200 watt amp to power the sub states a max amp draw of 8 amps. I use a 48 to 12 volt 30 amp converter to run stereo,amp and headlights,taillights. accent lights, dome light with no issues.
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

When you're talking about a 250 watt amp, amp is short for amplifier, not battery amps. My little mp3 amp only draws about 4 amps.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
winghunting
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. I am not sure if I know how to figure the amperage draw. I just didn't want to an amplifier and it not work on my 25 amp converter.

I was looking at this one. It says it takes a 25 amp fuse, so I assume it would not draw more than 25 amps?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ne-MA6002.html
winghunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

add the fuses then divide by 2 for the avg amp draw. so if it has 25amp fuse/2= 12.5 amps avg draw. it will be less if you listening at low volumes and more if you crank it. No more than 25 amps hence fuse for 25 amps.

most head units/car cd players use a 10 amp fuse. So avg amp draw at normal listening levels will be 5amps.
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by winghunting View Post
Thanks for the replies. I am not sure if I know how to figure the amperage draw. I just didn't want to an amplifier and it not work on my 25 amp converter.

I was looking at this one. It says it takes a 25 amp fuse, so I assume it would not draw more than 25 amps?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ne-MA6002.html
You passed the math test.
(Amps = Watts divided by Volts)

Owner's manual for a JBL MA6002 states the max current draw is 22 Amps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MAampOM.pdf (607.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO