lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 98 txt steering pops and no turning

Let me walk out to my shop and look to see what I have. If I have one in good condition you can have it if you will just pay shipping charges.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

now is that the grooved piece that slides in I am not sure how to remove mine to replace it
10ecman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

I am not sure how to pay you but I have a local man who will sell me a front end off a 2006 gas for the shocks leaf springs and the steering mechanism for 250 is this a good deal?Also the front i beam for the above price minus the wheels and tires.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #14
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

A 2006 steering mechanism will not mount to your 98 model cart. The 2001.5 steering box mounts to the front axle and the 94- early 2001 mounts to the frame. I just went and looked and I do have a rack but it has some wear on it so you would be better off just spending the $35 or so dollars for a new one if that's all you need. You can buy the complete steering assembly but they are around $300.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #15
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

ok how do i get the rack out?Do they have Haynes manuals for these things???
Old 06-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #16
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

All you have to do is knock the tie rod end out, take out the steering gear, loosen the clamp on the boot, and pull it out.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #17
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

I literally just did it on the one I was going to send you in 5 minutes.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #18
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

thank you Bowslayer it is as easy as you said but yesterday i was frustrated with the thing so it made it more complicated than it was.Now i have it out and will order the parts monday.What makes it do that when i bought it it was supposed to have a new steering rack but obviously something went wrong.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #19
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have never had one do that so I don't know what could have caused it. Just make sure you grease everything good when you put it back together and then shoot some grease in the grease fitting after its assembled.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #20
brian45011
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
All you have to do is knock the tie rod end out, take out the steering gear, loosen the clamp on the boot, and pull it out.
Bowslayer:
I have a 1999 EZ GO that is making a popping noise and the wheels won't turn left when they are straightforward. (They turn ok when the wheels are towards the left or right and when the front end is jacked up.) I assume I broke some teeth in the rack when I hit another cart.

I'm trying to pull the rack following instructions on p G-24 of the Repair and Service Manual 28646-G01.

I cannot get the ties rod end out of the idler arm. The tie rod puller fingers are a hair too wide to provide purchase on the idler arm. Any suggestions?

I've tried hitting the threaded end of the tie rod (with the castle nut still on) with a rubber mallet and prying from the other side with a crow bar, but it still won't budge. I can't get much leverage to hit it too hard.

Thanks,
brian45011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO