lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Help for the non-mechanic

I still haven't found a mechanic for my 2006 TXT lifted series EZGO, so I'm just trying to get by. I take good care of the batteries (easy), grease 3 places (? near each wheel and one other place....haha....I know this sounds ridiculous).
My question is.......what else can I do to keep it running in a decent manner?
Are there any points that are reachable that I need to keep tightened?
Before my mechanic closed up shop, he said my steering had alot of play in it and he fixed it. What would I tighten to help that out?

I do all of my driving in the woods and fields, so its pretty bumpy.
Oh....and I keep my tires filled with the right pressure.

I know this is a ridiculous request.........but if there's anything simple I can be doing to maintain my cart, I'd like to do it. I just don't want to take much apart or get under the cart.
Thanks!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help for the non-mechanic

Go to shop ezgo dot com and buy the manual for your cart. You are on the right path
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There is def nothing ridiculous about this request...Its great when someone takes pride in the things they own and take preventative maintenence steps...If more people did this I would see alot less carts roll through my shop. As far as some steps to take...def get a manual as scotty says...the most common problem is battery water level should be about 1/8" above the cells at all times...to much will lead to boiling over and to little will result in battery life being drained, always make sure battery nuts are tight or post will melt...grease all fittings and enjoy your cart...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scottyb and Camaroluvz28.

I've been afraid to order a manual, as I'm never sure exactly which one is the one I should get. I have a 2006 TXT series, but its been modified a bit by the guy I bought it from. In all my searches, I don't think I've seen one I was absolutely sure was the one I needed.
I don't know if mine is considered a 2x2, if it was modified. Any suggestions?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

And I need to get a repair manual, not an owner's manual, right?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

what I believe your referring to is a factory 2+2 which is a factory lifted cart with a front end that kinda looks like a dodge durango or ram...if yours looks like a normal ez go and just has a lift it was prob just modified...Most of these carts had stickers on the side that say 2+2 sport or similar..any pics would help determine...If your just looking for periodic maintenence tips get a owners manual..if your looking to work on the cart and are uncertain how things come apart or diagnostics...get a repair manual.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I believe it was just a regular 2 seater and the guy added a back seat that flips open to be a shelf. He lifted it 6" too and added bigger tires.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For your cart I use Ezgo manual #28646-G01

This is the technicians repair and service manual
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Some of the manuals are downloadable in the stickies. There are owner's, service, and parts manuals. Even if they aren't the same make and model, many parts are the same or similar.

As to the batteries, got one of the fillers from an automotive shop or from one of the dealers. Makes keeping them filled to the proper level much easier, and always use distilled water.

As to the steering, there is one large nut on some models that can become loose, but most everything just has to be replaced when it gets worn.

I don't know the recommended service interval, but you can change oil the differential oil fairly easily. My wheel bearings started making a grinding sound after doing a fair amount of driving in water and dust.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO