lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Thumbs up RXV - Radio Installed

Finally got around to installing my radio in the RXV. I figured this might inspire others thinking about doing this.

Head unit is a Fusion MS-RA50. I went with this unit because of it's shallow mounting depth. I only had about 4-1/2" of depth where I chose to install so I could not use a standard car head unit. The speakers are 4" Infinity Kappa 429i. There is not much clearance where I mounted them, so I had to find something that would mount with only 2-1/4" depth, so these worked perfect only needing 2" -- and since I had to go with 4" speakers I wanted top of the line sound, hence the Kappa's. They also mount in a 3-1/2" cut out, which is easy to do with a hole saw. Used my dremel to cut out the cup holder to the Fusion installation.

All and all this was a pretty straight forward and easy DIY project -- and sounds really good considering the speaker placement is not "ideal". However, I did not want a custom dash or overhead radio console as I have found in the past (with my previous CC cart) with these they can squeak and rattle.

Hope this information is useful to others thinking about doing this on an RXV.

TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV - Radio Installed

That looks good bro...some tiny tweeters would look good on each side of the head unit...or maybe some cool LED lights ;)
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
That looks good bro...some tiny tweeters would look good on each side of the head unit...or maybe some cool LED lights ;)
Thanks! Excellent idea on the tweeters -- off to find some now. Thanks for helping me spend more money!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Lol we both have that problem it seems...post more pix afterwards on this post I'd like to see how it works out..
Old 08-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
CJones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Looks great! I just bought an rxv a week ago. Already ordered fender flares, stereo, new wheels and tires, grab bar, brush gaurd, soc meter, and hd leaf springs. I wonder if I can install the stereo i ordered The same way? Also, did you hook your radio straight to the battery?
CJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJones View Post
Looks great! I just bought an rxv a week ago. Already ordered fender flares, stereo, new wheels and tires, grab bar, brush gaurd, soc meter, and hd leaf springs. I wonder if I can install the stereo i ordered The same way? Also, did you hook your radio straight to the battery?
Thanks, and very nice upgrades you have planned. You're way ahead of me - wheels and tires are next on my list. ;)

Depending on the depth of the head unit it "may" work. If you use the same location I did you have roughly 4-1/2" to 4-3/4" to work with. I found most head units required 5-1/2" or more hence the reason I went with the Fusion.

I did go straight to the battery for now, I am ordering a reducer next week, thinking about going with the E-Z-GO OEM but have not decided just yet.

Good luck with all your upgrades, be sure to keep us posted with updates and pictures.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
CJones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info! I'm wondering if I should go to a reducer or extra battery for my accessories? My ezgo dealer hooked the light kit straight to the battery and said neither the reducer or extra battery was necessary but
everything in this forum says otherwise. Decisions, decisions...
CJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You should def get a reducer or x-tra battery, running off two batteries kills those two quicker in the pack, ultimately bringing down the others with them...
Old 05-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
Rwillden
Not Yet Wild

Do you mind if I ask how you wired up the power for this head unit? I ordered the same one. I have a DC-DC converter installed, and thought I could just tap off of the 12v going into the headlight switch, but not sure about how to wire it so that is shuts off with the keyswitch since the keyswitch has 48V running to it... Any ideas? How did you wire yours? Performance?

Thanks in advance.
Rwillden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #10
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I see there is a picture to wire in an Iphone. Have you all seen my post on the Bluetooth amplifier setup I did on my cart? It works for any Bluetooth equipped device. Have had it for about 2 months now and love it no head unit to worry about clearance, wireless, plus 4 speakers that are 6.5" between the seat cushions making the system so loud you can not hear the person sitting beside you when turned up. My advice forget the traditional head unit.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO