lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 98 txt rebuild part prices

hello,
i am going to do rebuild on a 98 txt series and heres a list of possible purchases and pricing i have come across. the idea is not to upset anyone just get the best possible deal and share what i have investigated so far.

controller= $650.00 -202B(with FNR) - scottyb's(cant find cheaper even ebay)
disc brakes=$295.00- manual brakes- scotty b's
Lift kit= 689.00 - jakes long travel - golf cart kings (cheaper than jakes)
tires/rims = $690.00 just a rough estimate for some nice rims and tires 12"
back flip flop seat = $300.00 ebay
fender flares = 90.00 jasons carts
charger= 275.00 48volt - ebay
voltage reducer= $80.00 48v- 12v -didnt write it down- will investigate
grills/brushguard =$255.00 18" with winch mount - outback
windshield-$80.00- golf cart kings
radio /speaker-?????
batteries- $90.00 each- trojan 105 local craigslist(i think) 48 volt

so before anything else we are talking about $4,100. this is above what i wanted to spend and i could/will compromise but i haven't even taken into account any aesthetics. this is not cheap

i totally understand the importance of supporting sponsors and by no means want to discourage that. i am just seriously searching a way to reduce the cost of this build, may the best supplier win, right?

if you have any corrections or anything to add please do.... i hope this helps some people.
swampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 txt rebuild part prices

I'm not sure where you are in south Louisiana but here are some battery prices at wholesale battery in baton rouge. I called them last week.

Pacer 6v 69.95
Pacer 8v 79.95
Trojan
T605 6v 79.95
T105 6v 92.92
T860 8v 89.95
T875 8v 99.95
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampland View Post
charger= 275.00 48volt - ebay
$10 more, but probably a better charger. (I've got the 36V version )
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html
Ends up in a float charge mode that is great for max life expectancy and long term storage.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you defer the lift and tires you can save nearly $1,400. Make it go fast before you make it pretty, which is what I do. I enjoy blowing away pretty carts with my granny mobile.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks bmat i will look them up, i am from right outside of Laplace.
johnnie i didnt see that charger before(must of just missed it) , that is exactly why i posted this, any input is trully appreciated.
yurtle i do plan to lift it for some off-road riding but may have to go to the cheap rims to save some $$$.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yurtle gives sound advice. Many times we see 'lifted' carts with nice wheels that can't get out of their own way let alone perform as they look like they should. The end result is usually a burnt up stock controller.
Too bad these guys don't upgrade the performance first while they can sell that stock control on here or eBay for a quick $150.
In many cases selling your old working controller and charger can pay for a new 48V charger or other goodies.

P.S. Many dealers are guilty of selling lifted carts on stock controls ~ This is a repair bill waiting to happen.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a Jake's Long Travel lift kit and love it so this is weird for me to say but one place to save a LOT of money would be to go with a standard lift. Probably 90% of the lifted carts out there use them with no problem. But then again, neighbors who have driven my cart are jealous of my ride but can't justify spending that kind of money for the way they use there carts.

Rob
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i am heeding your words scotty and you will be getting my business. that is very good advice i didnt realize i could sell that old controller. anything else i might be able to make a few $$$ on?

hyper i am battling that exact issue right now, i do really want a long travel but i may have to sacrifice. oh decision-decisions...
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The whole concept of building your own cart is a compromise. What you see in my avatar is a 98 that was a true basket case when I bought it. As you see it, is considerably less than 3 grand. That includes new batteries, alltrax, hd solenoid and FnR switch. The standard drop axle lift and different tires would have added about $300, give or take. My point, it can be done for a lot less than $4100.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

hey chloe
i agree it is a compromise and can be done for cheaper.... i didnt say what i am trying to do in this post , but i want an off-road/cruisin/hunting cart. so really wanna lift it. i could get a cheaper lift and still may. i bought the cart for practically nothing so not much in it YET....still will need a lot of things windshield, backseat, batteries, etc... the prices i been gathering doesnt include all the extras hardware(bolts/nuts, etc) , seat covers,undercoat/paint, wiring, then my labor( which i actually look forward to), plus more....

next mission is try and find ways to cut this budget or better yet compromise

your cart looks very nice.... and will read your build posts.. may pickup some good advice..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO