lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #21
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stereo Installation 2010 EZGO PDS

I mounted the fuse and ground block. Used an indoor/outdoor double sided tape to attach it to the inside of the dash. Also mounted it to woo blocks because the bottom wasn't flat.
Looks like it will work out nicely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StereoInstall6.jpg (207.4 KB, 0 views)
ddeblance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #22
TheAspec
Gone Wild

I have the same voltage reducer, using it with my RXV, relay is built in. You have to connect the yellow wire to voltage in order for the reducer to power up. I ran the red wire to pack +, the black to pack -, and the yellow to switched 48 voltage (would be 36V in your case I assume); this turned my reducer off when the key is OFF and ON when key is in F, N, R. Works perfect. I would not recommend using constant voltage on the yellow wire, find switched or install a toggle switch. You don't want the reducer always on, even if there is no draw on it (i.e. all accessories turned off). There is a thread on here regarding a reducer starting a fire because it was left on when the cart was unattended.
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #23
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Aspec! Thanks for the info!

So I need to connect the yellow wire from the reducer to the key switch to turn it on... Gottcha!

1. Do you have a stereo in yours? If so, how do you have it connected and does it keep memory?
2. Where should I ground everything? Back to the converter or best back to negative on battery?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeblance View Post
Hey Aspec! Thanks for the info!

1. Do you have a stereo in yours? If so, how do you have it connected and does it keep memory?
Yes I do. I have a Fusion RA200; it does not require always on 12V to retain memory functions. My suggestion would be to run a wire to the packs positive post for 12V memory if necessary.

Quote:
2. Where should I ground everything? Back to the converter or best back to negative on battery?
Here is what I did, you can do it various ways though. I took a wire from the packs negative battery to a distribution block. I grounded my reducer to the block and all my other 12V accessories negative to this block.

I used a Blue Sea Marine bus bar for distribution. You can get one at West Marine here: http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...4#.UIXsfkJRllk

I used the above since it's dual bus, I was able to use one distribution block for both positive and negative. All positive connections on one side, all negative connections on the other. Works great!

Hope this helps.
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #25
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, here is what I have. Converter is grounded to the neg post. Ground block is in the dash and ran back under the seat and spliced into the ground for converter.

Received replacement speaker pods from customspeakerpods.com.
They now fit PERFECTLY!
Mounted the speakers in the pods then to the cart. Turned out nice. Just have to get the tunes pushed to them!

Ignore the dirty cart... It's being neglected while I install the electronics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SpeakerPods01.jpg (132.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeblance View Post
Ignore the dirty cart... It's being neglected while I install the electronics.
Get used to it. My buggy only looks pretty under the seat for a few minutes, before I take it for a ride. Probably 25% of my ride is in granite stone, which puts out a lot of dust.

And plan on having dust stick under the four drink holders, which will spill a LOT if you drive your buggy "properly".
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #27
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yurtle,
So far I'm only on paved streets around the house. It will end up on the dove lease a couple times a year and down at the beach with my old man fishing.
But until then I hope to keep it clean!.... lol....

Update on the stereo install... .IT WORKING!
Converter is kickin out 12v. Stereo is on and speakers are pushin tunes.
Only thing I still have to do is connect a 36v switched power to turn on/off converter and the power on/off for the stereo to the key
switch. But it's working for Halloween!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StereoInstall7.jpg (122.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg StereoInstall8.jpg (244.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg StereoInstall9.jpg (114.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #28
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Curious as to how you like the speaker pods now that you have had them for awhile? Thinking about getting a pair.
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #29
Itoutsider
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Where did you order the converter from?
Itoutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #30
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry for let response.

gwh1bass, the speaker pods are great. They take a little getting used to since I like to kick back and put my foot up so they are in the way a little bit. But they look good, sound fine and work perfectly. I like the fact that they are in front and facing me! I have the first set sitting in my garage. The opening was too large for my speakers. So the customerspeakerpod guy cut another set smaller and all is good! Great guy to work with for sure.

Itoutsider, I ended up getting it off Amazon. I found someones picture on here with the model number. Started researching and found it on there for as good a price as any.... Works fine.
Only problem I have now, I haven't found where I can connect the 36v power on/off lead to the solenoid. So, I have a quick disconnect that I have to lift the seat and connect when I want to use the stereo. I'll see what I can do to fix that when I start using it more in the summer.

Tags
stereo install
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO