lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
NFlCamper
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 36v Wants to roll without stepping on the pedal

Hello everyone, after I purchased my EZ Go 956G Shuttle, my girl gets offered a 01 Club Car 36v golf cart for $750. Batteries pretty discharged, and I was worried about them not being able to recover. Well, they did, but now I have noticed that the cart wants to roll when I put it in FWD or REV without stepping on the go pedal. Put it in nuteral and it sits just fine. EASY adjustment somewhere? I'm new to carts but mechanically inclined. Haven't looked at anything yet, but figured ask the pros here where I should start.

I figured for the $$ she did good. Something to play with till I can figure out what we want to do next with the carts. I know the gasser will be used on trails for light duty trail riding, maybe make the CC a street legal LSV? Pros and cons for this with a 01 CC 36v?

Another thing I notced is that the key switch doesn't work. I can run the cart without a key altogether. Is that a common thing? Easy fix or do you need more info about cart?

Thanks guys, seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. Kind of like my Victory Club, just more varients of carts than Victory Motorcycles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-19_18.57.31.jpg (62.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-09-19_18.58.28.jpg (62.9 KB, 0 views)
NFlCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 01 36v Wants to roll without stepping on the pedal

Just a guess here, but is your solenoid stuck in the on position? Or jumped out entirely?

As I recall from my troubleshooting, the key, the microswitch in the v-glide, and the microswitch in the F/R switch all control the solenoid.

So your solenoid is either stuck on, or bypassed entirely.

And your v-glide is out of adjustment...
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 01 36v Wants to roll without stepping on the pedal

yep sounds like solenoid is shot.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car