lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Ezgohunter1
Not Yet Wild

Default Disc brake adjustment on Ezgo

I purchased a set of rear disc that were on sale thru Ezgo in the last few days. The install went good but adjusting them has been the opposite. I have followed the directions provided but can't get the .003 to .005 clearance on both sides. The passenger side is about .012 more tight than the driver side so if I get .003 on the passenger then I have .015 driver. With these having a common attachment point, I am not sure how to adjust this difference out. The cart has a 6" jakes spindle lift and the cables are stock originals. Suggestions?
Ezgohunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Disc brake adjustment on Ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezgohunter1 View Post
I purchased a set of rear disc that were on sale thru Ezgo in the last few days. The install went good but adjusting them has been the opposite. I have followed the directions provided but can't get the .003 to .005 clearance on both sides. The passenger side is about .012 more tight than the driver side so if I get .003 on the passenger then I have .015 driver. With these having a common attachment point, I am not sure how to adjust this difference out. The cart has a 6" jakes spindle lift and the cables are stock originals. Suggestions?
Just use the adjuster underneath and tighten them till they drag a bit, depress the pedal hard two to three times and adjust again, drive it, and adjust again till they feel good and it rolls freely. The pads have a protective coating so that is why you have to drive it a few times and adjust, also on the bottom there is the giant spring that compresses....use the nuts on the forward end of this spring and tighten it all the way down so the spring is compressed, that will help remove any slop and you'll still be able to easily set the parking brake. Also, as they break-in they will smell a bit as the coating burns off the pads, this is normal.

After a few days of driving you may have to readjust slightly.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Ezgohunter1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I will give this a try
Ezgohunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Just a thought here, as I have no experience with disks.

I don't know how old your buggy is. The passenger side cable is longer than the driver's side cable. If these have any age/use on them, it may be possible for one side to stretch more than the other. Not a problem with drums, as each side is independently adjustable. I'd try the suggestion previously mentioned first, as I don't know how important the side to side tolerance is.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO