lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
mbmcdermott18
Not Yet Wild

Default D D ES 81 Only goes one way.

Guys just installed a D&D ES 81 and alltrax AXE4855. Jacked the cart up to test and the wheels only spin one direction.

Changed the leads on the Forward and reverse switch several times. Think it has to be the way the leads and jumper are oriented on the motor.

Any Ideas or does anyone have a wiring schematic for the D&D ES81 Motor? I can't find one anywhere.
mbmcdermott18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Re: D D ES 81 Only goes one way.

did you label the wires before you removed them? If so it will go exactly the same as on the old motor..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Harolds secret weapon
Not Yet Wild

I had this same problem the other day on a club car that i had to replace the FandR switch on, my problem was, i had reverse and no forward motion, then me and my boss found out that we had the wrong switch mounted to the back of the FandR switch. The one the new FandR switch came with only had two tabs for wires the old one had three. So when i put the old one on the new switch, i had forward and reverse. I guess not all the contacts inside the switch were not closing. Just something to check out.Throwing my two cents worth in...Good Luck, keep us posted.
Harolds secret weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
mbmcdermott18
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys thanks for the info. Turns out I was working off the wrong wiring diagram. Got everything straightened out. I was replacing an AC conversion so it was a total rewire, no old parts or wiring to follow. Again, thanks for the help.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
lmswest
Gone Wild

which onee did you get the 81-21 or 81-41?

What other mods? I LOVE my 81-41!!!
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
mbmcdermott18
Not Yet Wild

81-25 Cart has 6" allsports coilover suspension lift cargo box 25" tires and 12" wheels etc. Used as a hunting cart.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Harolds secret weapon
Not Yet Wild

Glad to hear you got it all worked out!!
Good Luck!!
Harolds secret weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car