lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
Roaddog286
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I think I was wrong ScottyB??

So is there any room for improvement?? Or am i wasting my time
Roaddog286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
Roaddog286
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So is there any room for improvement?? Or am I wasting my time and effort??
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #13
black&yellow
Not Yet Wild

Hills? there are no hills in florida... i would put my money into the 20" tires and controller rather then a lift, drove my parents non-lifted cart off road for years and it hardly every got stuck and even then was easy to get out
black&yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm assuming Series motor/controller.

In general, more volts will give you more speed, and more amps will give you more torque.

If you go with bigger tires, you will probably increase the speed, BUT, you may actually reduce the speed going uphill, depending on the weight of the cart, state of charge of the batteries, steepness of hill, etc. as climbing hills requires torque, which you will have reduced. The controller will only put out so many amps. Upgrading controller, cables, FNR, and solenoid will overcome this, but could push your batteries into early retirement.

Only way to get more volts is by either adding more batteries, or using 8 volt batteries instead of 6 volt. This will mandate a new controller, charger, FNR, solenoid, and cables. Stock motors are generally happy with 48 volts.

The way to get more amps is to upgrade your controller. Stock motor can take more amps, but those amps turn into heat, so you have to consider that.

Almost anything you do will require upgrading cables, FNR, and solenoid.

To increase the speed you can either go with larger tires, which reduces torque, buy a high speed motor, which may require a controller upgrade, change the gears in your rear-end, or increase the voltage. Or you can do them all.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
Roaddog286
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I was hoping that a good set of cables and a bandit upgrade would help with the loss of torque a little bit. Maybe I'm wrong. Didn't want to dump the money into a new controller just yet, however it will be in the works. Just tryin to go through this thing and build something we can enjoy. A lift is a must!! Need the clearance. So what first??
Old 01-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #16
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

a controller

Seriously, listen to these guys. DON'T lift it without a controller, do it once - do it right.
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #17
Roaddog286
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Which Controller would you suggest for my little 36v marathon??
Old 01-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #18
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'm assuming Series motor/controller.

In general, more volts will give you more speed, and more amps will give you more torque.

If you go with bigger tires, you will probably increase the speed, BUT, you may actually reduce the speed going uphill, depending on the weight of the cart, state of charge of the batteries, steepness of hill, etc. as climbing hills requires torque, which you will have reduced. The controller will only put out so many amps. Upgrading controller, cables, FNR, and solenoid will overcome this, but could push your batteries into early retirement.

Only way to get more volts is by either adding more batteries, or using 8 volt batteries instead of 6 volt. This will mandate a new controller, charger, FNR, solenoid, and cables. Stock motors are generally happy with 48 volts.

The way to get more amps is to upgrade your controller. Stock motor can take more amps, but those amps turn into heat, so you have to consider that.

Almost anything you do will require upgrading cables, FNR, and solenoid.

To increase the speed you can either go with larger tires, which reduces torque, buy a high speed motor, which may require a controller upgrade, change the gears in your rear-end, or increase the voltage. Or you can do them all.
Yurt is spot on.

Spend your time externally making your cart pleasing to your eye. Save up for the controller. Deal with the cart being what it is as you get bigger tires in time. It sounds to me as if you want many things for your cart. BTW, it's a bug we all get and hard to stop. Most common folk will look at you as if your insane until they get the opportunity to ride it, once they get the opportunity to ride they smile from ear to ear.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO