lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
cmar143
Gone Wild

Default 1979 club car schematic

Unless I'm blind there is not one in the sticky for a 1979 club car...serial number starts with an A79. The cart has 5 solenoids, and 2 micro switches on F/R switch. I am rewiring one of these that burned on a guy and the closest I can get to the schematic I need is the 1970-74 one posted but it only has one micro on f/r and 4 solenoids. I wired the cart up using that schematic and get power in reverse but nothing in forward. I don't have any available wires to go to the second lower micro on f/r and that's where I think my problem is. If anyone can post a schematic for a 79 I would forever be in debt to you!
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1979 club car schematic

Chris,
I assume that you've looked at these diagrams: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html

One is very close, but it shows only a single micro switch on the F/R selector. That said, it probably only needs one m/s, depending on the cam. I've removed mine, but IIRC, the cam would operate the m/s when EITHER Forward or Reverse was 'fully' selected. I'm also pretty sure that my antique Legend is set up that way.

Good luck!

Jim
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
cmar143
Gone Wild

What year is yours? That schematic is the one I used but both micros were wired before. Even though the wires were burned I could still tell where the upper micros went but the lower micro was toast. I tried with only the upper connected and all I get is reverse. The key switch and yellow common from throttle micros go to upper f/r micro but I am stumped on what goes to the lower micro. Called CC and they said they don't have any literature before 1980 which has to be total bs.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Chris,
My cart is a 1979 that I converted to a Curtis controller that I got from the scrapyard.

It seems to me that of the 2 m/s's on the F/R selector, one operated only in reverse, the other in either Forward or Reverse. The first was probably connected to the reverse buzzer, the other was in series with the key and pedal microswitches. All of them must be "made up" for power to go to the first solenoid.

I never even attempted to run my cart with the old setup. Bought it at an auction for $200.00; it had 2 solenoids missing and 2 more were bad. They'd click, but didn't pass any power. I had all the controller stuff on hand before I bought the cart and did the conversion just for the heckuvit.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
LJ12530
Gone Wild

This help?
http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...ategory=100020

How about the attachment?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85 DS-1 (1).jpg (169.6 KB, 0 views)
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
cmar143
Gone Wild

That schematic only shows 1 micro on f/r switch too and I know both micros were connected before. The entire assy comes with 2 micros so I can only assume that they both get connected. Why is there colors in the rectangular boxes when the colors of the wires are marked in the schematic? This one shows 5 solenoids which is good but I just need to get the wiring of that bottom micro right.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Did you go to the vintage cart link and look at the '79 DS manual?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . from Vintage Golf Carts . . . sorry for the sizing . . .

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Post from TahoeDawg a couple of years ago.

Re: How can I get full power reverse?
Look at the back of your F&R switch. You'll see three micro switches. The one on the rear controls the half speed reverse. Un-plug the three wires from that switch. Should be green, black, and white. Butt connect the green wire to the white wire and let the black wire hang loose.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
cmar143
Gone Wild

Steve thanks so much...thats the one I have been looking for. I am stumped however that the F/R switch assy comes with 2 micros on it and the cart was originally wired that way but the schematic doesnt reflect that. I tried to run the cart with only one micro and I only get reverse. I am wondering if the armature lead on the motor for the forward circuit got fried also and thats why forward is not working. I will have to test that tomorrow. Thanks so much for that schematic.

LJ....you are thinking of a vglide cart with the 3 micros on the f/r...this only has 2 micros and they arent stacked on top of each other. One is on the top of the switch and one is on the bottom. The throttle works off of micros like the schematic shows on top but the micros are mounted behind the dash and work off a cam that is attached to the pedal. Its even before the throttle box technology that has the stack of micros in the aluminum case mounted to the frame with the plastic fingers that move them as the pedal is depressed. This thing is OLD!!! The guy that owns it is old himself and walks around with an oxygen hose and he isnt the type to sit around...even with the oxygen he is out working so I want to do all I can to try and get this thing right for him.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car