lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Install time?

How long will it take a virgin to install a new Alltrax 500 and HD solenoid on 2001 EZGO PDS? Was supposed to be my Saturday afternoon project for last two weeks but the will of others has prevailed. Thinking of etching out some time Friday but will want to use the cart Saturday during my sons 3rd bday party.

Having never done this, not sure if its two hours? a day?

Anyone have any tips? Seen some threads with pics that show the pds cover cut 2/3rds off?

I know first step is flip switch. Second, disconnect B-

Third?

Thanks for the help!
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Install time?

Well if it was a virgin it would probably take me hours just to make sure all her knobs were twisted, buttons pushed and all the tab A and slot Bs lined up correctly..

As for you doing it, a wiring before snapshot is a must and mark everything.. I have the DCX400, little shorter case, and I cut off half the cover. Don't think it really matters as the cover is really getting used as a switch mount now but covering exposed terminals isn't a bad thing.. This could be a 2 hour job but... as you I'm sure have read in these forums, poo happens..

If you need the cart for Sat, I would wait.. Just my two cents.. Not trying to put bad Ju Ju on you but best laid plans..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It should not be too bad. Take pictures before and swap out the parts. But like kgsc said, I would wait until after the party. You just never know when something might go wrong.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Your son won't ever have another 3rd birthday party... Install can wait... Just my thoughts..
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Takes me 45 minutes to swap out the control, cut the environmental cover, & install a complete cable set. I say about 2 hours is enough time if you follow my install instructions
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Don't be in a rush. How do I know this? Just ask my brand new AXE4865 Controller. It got there because I was "in a rush" to get my hunting cart running so I could use it the next day. That's when I "Zigged" when I should have "Zagged" and my "old" working great AXE4855 Controller suddenly looked an awful lot like a nuclear test site weapon.

I now have more torque....I just don't recommend getting it this way. If you find your running tight on time. Stop, there is always a "tomorrow" to get it done. Controllers are much to costly to rush it. Ask my now dead AXE4855.....if it could only talk!!!

Daver
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I sort of knew the answer and I appreciate the info. Kinda why I still don't have it on as of yet. Had a couple chances to start but I like to work when I don't have any other "environmental pressures" distracting me. I can't imagine smoking the thing. Would be a crushing defeat to my path to cart enlightenment.

So far, nothing with the cart has gone as planned.

I was just hoping to get my torque back so I could run everyone back and forth to party site from house. But my buddies crown molding install met with one of those turning to "poo" moments on Saturday. Depending on what Friday turns into may get in done.

If not I hereby proclaim next weekend is mine!!!! I will be a virgin no longer!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

KGSC - no worries on the bad ju ju. Its been following me around for 3-4 weeks now. Has to run out soon right?

Hope its this weekend. Friday wants to get the controller in and 15 lbs of boston butts on BGE smoker for overnight burn.

Saturday would love a nice party and after party in shop removing motor(Virgin territory again) so parents can get to Plumquick for next level of enlightenment!

Ahhhh the best laid plans....
Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well now, If we had known about the Plum Quick upgrade... If this is the DCX500 you may ask PQ about sending it in with the motor as they may have a mapping they can set for it specific to your new motor. Just a thought..
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I always try to leave out important bits of info. As a matter of fact Robbie promised me a phone call a week or so ago. Have to check with him. If they can do something while the motor is there I should revise my so carefully crafted, highly fragile, like a house of cards, plans.

Tags
alltrax
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO