lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Install time?

I hear ya.. "All I did was hit the starter switch and there goes the cart headed for the pontoon and the fence" Yep, one of those "Oh s@!t" kinda moments. Got real lucky with that one.. bent the crap out of the brush guard but fixed that with a tree, a log, a strap and the tractor. Also bent the plaining fin on the toon but some liberal adjustments fixed that too..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

I would definitely have PQ either send you a program for a custom map for the DCX500 or just send it in along with the old motor and let them program it..Good luck with the install and let us know how you make out..
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #13
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDUSC View Post
How long will it take a virgin to install a new Alltrax 500 and HD solenoid on 2001 EZGO PDS? Was supposed to be my Saturday afternoon project for last two weeks but the will of others has prevailed. Thinking of etching out some time Friday but will want to use the cart Saturday during my sons 3rd bday party.

Having never done this, not sure if its two hours? a day?

Anyone have any tips? Seen some threads with pics that show the pds cover cut 2/3rds off?

I know first step is flip switch. Second, disconnect B-

Third?

Thanks for the help!

I was walking down the street the other day and I heard a crowd shouting "12, 12, 12 ,12, 12"
I thought to myself that was strange so I walked towards the noise. I came up to a very structurally built building that had a board fence going all the way around it.

From reading the inscriptions in the stone of the building it read "Insane asylum"

I kept hearing 12, 12, 12, 12. and I was walking along the fence and there was a small hole in it, so I peeked in to see what was happening.

Some jackars poked me in the eye.

Then I heard the chant start again as 13, 13, 13, 13.

Them bastards tagged me!
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

???? OK, I don't get it....
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Well if it was a virgin it would probably take me hours just to make sure all her knobs were twisted, buttons pushed and all the tab A and slot Bs lined up correctly..

As for you doing it, a wiring before snapshot is a must and mark everything.. I have the DCX400, little shorter case, and I cut off half the cover. Don't think it really matters as the cover is really getting used as a switch mount now but covering exposed terminals isn't a bad thing.. This could be a 2 hour job but... as you I'm sure have read in these forums, poo happens..

If you need the cart for Sat, I would wait.. Just my two cents.. Not trying to put bad Ju Ju on you but best laid plans..
I laid out my joke after you laid out that humor. Sorry I missed the mark. maybe next time. It's my favorite joke and I try to use it two times a year. I guess I'll have to be better prepared 6 or so months from now ;-(
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #16
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Guess I didn't anticpate haveing to drill and tap mounting holes. Anyone got a good method of figuring out a template and how to place it so that the cover can be used as well? Also does the solenoid mount directly to the controller or use the bracket that the old one was mounted to?
Seems like if you line the slots up it will cover up the programing port.

Thanks!
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Guess I didn't anticpate haveing to drill and tap mounting holes. Anyone got a good method of figuring out a template and how to place it so that the cover can be used as well? Also does the solenoid mount directly to the controller or use the bracket that the old one was mounted to?
Seems like if you line the slots up it will cover up the programing port.

Thanks!
Not sure on a DCX500, but here is what Scotty suggested to me for a DCX400.
Basically it is the stock PDS solenoid mounting bracket mounted lower to clear the port.
The mounting holes in the bracket are made into slots and spacers added for clearance of the DCX thickness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100845e.JPG (98.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100845d.JPG (104.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #18
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks JB! Pic worth a thousand words. Scott also sent me a diagram. Gonna get after it in a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Am I not right in trying to use the PDS cover over the top so that the run tow has a place or should I mount it somewhere else?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Am I not right in trying to use the PDS cover over the top so that the run tow has a place or should I mount it somewhere else?
Either way, just try to keep it from getting too wet.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO