lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Re: Issues when letting off the accelerator

Do a search for "dieseling" and you will find a few threads on this, I know because I have read most of them.

My cart does this also and it is much more pronounced in hot weather. I have read that carbon builds up in the head and when the motor is running hot (more noticeable on a hot day, especially after an extended run) the carbon will hold enough heat to detonate the small amount of gas left in the cylinder when you cut the throttle. There are directions on this site on how to use Seafoam to clean the carbon. Basically when the motor is cool take a shot glass or so worth of Seafoam and dump it in the head via the spark plug hole and then run the motor for a bit in maintenance mode. It will smoke quite a bit but the the seafoam will clean the carbon.

If you combine that carbon build up with the butterfly not closing all the way you can see how it could be an issue. Check the butterfly and clean with seafoam and you'll probably solve the issue.

The reason it will go backwards has nothing to do with the reverse solenoids, the combustion that is happening as it diesels is not in time with the normal combustion cycle and when you get combustion at the wrong time it can/will cause the motor to actually rotate in the wrong direction. With a golf cart the clutch turns when the motor turns so if the motor turns backwards, so does the clutch and the cart will lurch backwards.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #12
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yep, get that butterfly closed when you let off the throttle, the cart is NOT jumping in reverse, the engine rotates BACKWARDS when this happens thats why your cart wants to go backwards.....
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #13
wide'iwas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the great info everyone but I have a question

what seafoam product are you using? The gas additive ..straight right into spark plug hole

or are you talking about the seafoam aerosol spray for carbon / injector cleaner?

thanks
wide'iwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
.... Basically when the motor is cool take a shot glass or so worth of Seafoam...
That would be Sea Foam in a can!
I use it in the fuel for all of my small engines!

I have yet to try the aerosol product, but my best friend swears by it!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #15
wide'iwas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My issue turned out to be the cable was sticking that's it...replaced its been gone for 3 months
wide'iwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #16
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

This might be late but here goes anyway. Deiseling is caused by a over lean fuel mixture after sutdown. The first thing I would check is the butterfly in the carb. Second wold be the idle circuit in the carb. And last check for an air leak beteen the carb and the head.
Richbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car