lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
anix
Getting Wild

Default need a little help with speed issue

New to golf cart world so please be patient. I have a mechanical back ground so maybe I will get up to speed fairly quick. Just bought a Club Car and from what I have read it must be a 2000 model (A0041-) it is 48V (6 8Vs) and has the rocker style F/R switch in front of the seat and a run/tow switch under the seat.. OK.. The cart has 12/22 tires and lifted (guessing 3") and seems to have good take off but levels off quick, almost most reminds me of a rev limiter the way it flattens out. It reaches wide open at half pedal travel or less. From what I can gather it should have a back up beeper and if it doesn't work it could have a bad speed sensor. I may be expecting to much but I know it needs to do better than it's doing. We plan on riding it in a family poker run (geared to Carts and ATVs) and it is going to make for a long slow ride. I read somewhere about tricking the speed sensor, will it work on mine? Would appreciate any and all advice.
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Newbee needs a little help with speed issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by anix View Post
New to golf cart world so please be patient. I have a mechanical back ground so maybe I will get up to speed fairly quick. Just bought a Club Car and from what I have read it must be a 2000 model (A0041-) it is 48V (6 8Vs) and has the rocker style F/R switch in front of the seat and a run/tow switch under the seat.. OK.. The cart has 12/22 tires and lifted (guessing 3") and seems to have good take off but levels off quick, almost most reminds me of a rev limiter the way it flattens out. It reaches wide open at half pedal travel or less. From what I can gather it should have a back up beeper and if it doesn't work it could have a bad speed sensor. I may be expecting to much but I know it needs to do better than it's doing. We plan on riding it in a family poker run (geared to Carts and ATVs) and it is going to make for a long slow ride. I read somewhere about tricking the speed sensor, will it work on mine? Would appreciate any and all advice.
Your reverse buzzer is probably just disconnected. You can remove the dash panel and reconnect it with the two wires. Do a speed sensor test by reading the sticky up above. It could be bad, causing the cart to go into limp mode.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
anix
Getting Wild

Default Re: need a little help with speed issue

Thanks Jake, I will bring it in to the shop tomorrow and check it. What kind of speed am I looking for with the 12-22 tires and a good charge on flat hard ground? Do they normally level off at half pedal travel?
Old 05-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
crash test dummy

sorry to break in but ,,,,
jake is the devil !!!

Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
anix
Getting Wild

Oh crap....Is it stamped on him somewhere
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
sorry to break in but ,,,,
jake is the devil !!!

Not anymore...
Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by anix View Post
Thanks Jake, I will bring it in to the shop tomorrow and check it. What kind of speed am I looking for with the 12-22 tires and a good charge on flat hard ground? Do they normally level off at half pedal travel?
I think it should go around 15 mph... Each cart seems to be different in terms of pedal acceleration...
Old 05-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
anix
Getting Wild

Hit it right on Jake....I just hung the GPS on it and flat hard ground with two adults and two small dogs I was hitting 13 and with a slight down grade I was bouncing from 15 to 16. But with all the talk about the increases gained by running 48V and having the 22s on it I was expecting a little better. I looked and believe it has #4 cables (marked 600V welding cable). It has a 225 GE controller and a club car motor, Look like 3.5hp marked on it. I noticed it has an onboard computer. Can it be reprogramed to gain a little speed? Forgot to mention we just road it about 6 miles and I raised the seat and none of the battery cables or controller cables were hot. but the motor was hot enough that I couldn't leave my hand on for very long. I that normal?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Only IQ carts can be programmed, and they didnt come out until 2002.
If you upgrade to a bigger controller, motor, cables, etc you will pick up speed.
Your current speed sounds about right for stock.
As for motors getting hot, I don't know, I never really touched one after use.
Maybe somebody will chime in that knows for sure...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car