lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New Flips 3&4 2005 Club Car

Hey guys I hope all is well.

My wife thinks I'm crazy but I picked up today 2ea 2005 IQ's for $1150 ea. One has March 2012 Trojan T875 and the other 2010 Excide Sep 2010 batts. Batts are good and charger's included. One cart has the black motor and the other is the grey GE. I don't think the price is that bad? Both cart's run good but just need some TLC. I'm confused why the Trojan's would see 8.9 volts on the digital multimeter per batt? It was unplugged but it was just recently charging. I'm trying to figure my game plan for my return on investment. I guess when I done flipping these carts I'm going to have one bad --s Club Car.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130522_143148.jpg (193.7 KB, 0 views)
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Flips 3&4 2005 Club Car

Does anybody want some free sand bottles,cart golf ball washers and bag stands/ straps?
Lol... I really need 2 cheap rear seats and some knobby 20 " tires to capitalize on the asking price! Or should I just clean up and move them ASAP.
Steve
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

That's a great price for both... Should be a couple of easy flips!
Your volt meter may need a new battery. One time I was using mine in my house and it read 175v on an outlet. I popped in a new 9v battery and then it read 120v
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jake, thanks for the input! I think the 9 volt is good on the multi meter cause it was reading the other cart batts correct. Somewhere I was reading somthing about if they were just charging and you stop the charging it can read some extra volts? Surface pick up? The charger is working hard and a couple of the wires are hot, I need to change the wires. My wife is missing her parking spot in the garage but this just points out that I need a rear shop that I've been talking about for years! Steve
Old 05-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Jake, thanks for the input! I think the 9 volt is good on the multi meter cause it was reading the other cart batts correct. Somewhere I was reading somthing about if they were just charging and you stop the charging it can read some extra volts? Surface pick up? The charger is working hard and a couple of the wires are hot, I need to change the wires. My wife is missing her parking spot in the garage but this just points out that I need a rear shop that I've been talking about for years! Steve
Yeah, wait 12 hours after the charging cycle completes then get a reading on the batteries. They do have some extra voltage while charging and afterwards. A 48v pack gets up to around 65v while charging...
Yep, here's your chance to get that shop!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jake, were did u get your year cargo bed? Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car