lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #11
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How can I make my golf cart go faster?

ScottyB has all the toys needed, call and ask, he'll set you up, the 808pkg rocks, but ask for the HD solenoid instead of the one that comes with the pkg, $30 ish more dollars, it's 1000a peak and other than changing a diode, is suitable for 36v to 48v. I have it on my 36v cart, old batteries, 08's, 400amp controller, 2 gauge wires, I went with 2g for better electrical flow, less resistance, when ordering these tell ScottyB you plan to go to 48V so he gives you the longer ones, post configuration differs on 6 and 8v batteries. and the 400/1000 amp solenoid....I'm Lovin' it so far, I drive it up into my f-250 super duty with 7 foot ramps, it's steep but has no problem doing it, with the stock controller, I needed a running start, and then hammer the brakes to stop at the top... scary. torque increase is nice, not much more in speed (tops at 21mph), but I run with 5-7 lbs of pressure for the better ride. Next ez fix is sending core motor to PQ, Plum Quick, they can rebuild your stock motor and free up more torque and speed for about $225, repainted and returned to install and enjoy, they are also very informative and will help you in reaching your goal. And last, batteries and chargers, Back to ScottyB, he has the bomb of all chargers, one of the, if not, the best in quality, that's my next step, 48v, again, 33% gain in speed, a bit more torque, and more fun time. about $320ish with S&H, batteries, find locally, 6-8v batteries, about $110 each, and you should be in the hi 20's to 30ish mph. This will seem like a money pit, but, every time you spend cash, the added excitement of speed and fun over ride the negativity... Have fun, we all like pics, and welcome to the BGW family.
bigpoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #12
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasenfish16 View Post
Johnnie,

Not to hijack this thread, but what solenoid do you use that is 36, 42, and 48V compatible?
From ScottyB....www.cartsunlimited.com....you simply change the resistor for different voltages (it's the one on the right in photo):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (69.9 KB, 0 views)
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Johnnie,

Not to hijack this thread, but what solenoid do you use that is 36, 42, and 48V compatible?

Super-Duty 48V (400A Continuous/1000A Peak) from Carts Unlimited.

Shown near bottom of Scotty's Controller upgrade webpage. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

Attached is how it looks installed down low using the stock solenoid mounting bracket so it doesn't cover controller's programming port.

The only other issue is that the cable studs are larger than the battery studs, so the holes on the cable lugs (ring terminals) have to be bored out a bit.

--------
It is working just fine on 36V at the moment and will be upped to 42V in near future.
If I decided to got to 48V, I just have to change the battery pack. (And the control board in my 42V DPI charger)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX Installed-1.jpg (891.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DCX Installed-2.jpg (893.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info!

Johnnie, I like the way you mounted your solenoid low, I mounted my 36 volt solenoid in the holes on the controller and it is pain to unbolt it and move it every time I want to mess with the controller settings.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppi View Post
ScottyB has all the toys needed, call and ask, he'll set you up, the 808pkg rocks, but ask for the HD solenoid instead of the one that comes with the pkg, $30 ish more dollars, it's 1000a peak and other than changing a diode, is suitable for 36v to 48v................
Heavy-Duty solenoid is 200A/800A and voltage specific.
Super-Duty solenoid is 400A/1000A and works from 36V to 48V.

Just add a "B" suffix the the kit number and you'll get the Super-Duty solenoid. (and $30 more in price)

I have a 808B kit.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for the info!

Johnnie, I like the way you mounted your solenoid low, I mounted my 36 volt solenoid in the holes on the controller and it is pain to unbolt it and move it every time I want to mess with the controller settings.
If you still have the old PDS solenoid bracket, you can still do it.

The DCX is thicker than the stock PDS, so spacers had to be added to use the stock PDS solenoid mounting bracket, and the mounting holes on the solenoid have to be filed out a bit to accept the spacing of the studs on the PDS bracket.

I also ran all the cables I could behind the heat-sink to keep the area in front of the serial port uncluttered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100845d.JPG (104.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100845e.JPG (98.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO