lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
bbradf44
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Broken charger (ex go marathon)

I have a 92 ez go marathon with that old charger i cant find anywhere at a reasonable price and my charger just pooped out. The meter on the front fried out so i opened it up and reconnected some wires but now it only clicks on when it gets wet. I don't know whats wrong with it..

Also, does it effect how the cart charges of the motor isn't in it? I have the motor in the shop and I'm just trying to get it charged up before i drop the motor back in

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
bbradf44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
bbradf44
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

uploadfromtaptalk1374082366679.jpguploadfromtaptalk1374082407807.jpguploadfromtaptalk1374082437445.jpg

Old 07-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
keith watson
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Broken charger (ex go marathon)

go to Sams club or ebay and get a stanley golf cart charger...multi use plugs come with it and it's $100
keith watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
bbradf44
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm already spending a fortune getting the motor fixed and rewiring the cart and just cant go with a new charger right now. Anyone know if this one is salvageable?

Old 07-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Before you get a $100 charger check to see that it will fulfill the battery manufactures recommended 10% of total AH rating for bulk charge and that the cut off voltage is within the manufactures recommended range. Ignoring these critical requirements can significantly shorten the life and diminish the performance of the battery pack. Some of those bank chargers are very low amp chargers.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
bbradf44
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

im not looking to get new charger, that is if nothing else works only. i really just want to fix the one i have...
Old 07-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This link to an earlier post will give you the wiring diagram for your charger. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...er-wiring.html
Since the ammeter passes all the charging current through it, if you join all 4 of the wires that were originally on the ammeter, the charger should operate. I'll give you another link that may have the manual, which has step by step testing instructions. http://bennettgolfcars.ca/manuals.php?tid=3
Edit: I just found this link directly to it! It's in pdf format. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/PO...nd_service.pdf
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
bbradf44
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
This link to an earlier post will give you the wiring diagram for your charger. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...er-wiring.html
Since the ammeter passes all the charging current through it, if you join all 4 of the wires that were originally on the ammeter, the charger should operate. I'll give you another link that may have the manual, which has step by step testing instructions. http://bennettgolfcars.ca/manuals.php?tid=3
Edit: I just found this link directly to it! It's in pdf format. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/PO...nd_service.pdf
Thanks man! Now 1 more question. I have the charger working now but like i said in the op it doesn't have the motor in it. Will this effect how it charges?

Old 07-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You don't need motor, controller, solenoid, FNR, etc. to charge. All you need are the interconnecting cables for the battery bank.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
bbradf44
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

This black box is frustrating me.. Ok so i put that white wire in the correct slot in the box and o could hear the charger click on but i didn't hear it running. I took it out to make sure the connector was still good and it brushed against the black wire above it and the charger turned on. Would it still charge if i just connected it with that black wire? And if that's not good then what could be causing it not to work where its supposed to go?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1374104693822.jpg (73.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO