lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
dudleydog2
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 Club Car IQ

Friday my wife used the cart, came home and charged the batteries as we always do. Saturday morning the cart would not run. Tried flipping the tow/run switch several times. With key switch on or off the MCOR clicks in both forward and reverse. The reverse buzzer works. There is no electricity at the key switch terminals when checked with a multimeter. Can anyone out there give me any ideas or suggestions as to what might be wrong? Thanks in advance.

Dudleydog2

Last edited by dudleydog2; 10-20-2013 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Correction - solenoid should read MCOR
dudleydog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 Club Car IQ

. . . first thing I would check is all cable/wire connections in battery area to make sure none became loose/corroded to point where insufficient contact is being made . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I agree with Steve, since there is no power at the key switch, the cart has a bad wire in it somewhere...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
dudleydog2
Not Yet Wild

I didn't specify, but the first thing I did was check all battery connections. If it is a bad wire can anyone guide me where to check the voltage at various points to determine where the voltage stops. I would think a broken or loose wire at the batteries would prevent anything (buzzer, power to MCOR, etc.) from working but thanks for the tip.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Check for voltage at the light blue wire on the solenoid spade connectors. It goes from there to mocor and to key switch. The buzzer get its voltage from a different route.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
dudleydog2
Not Yet Wild

There was no voltage at the light blue wire on the solenoid (unless I tested it incorrectly - negative probe on black wire at terminal block, positive probe on solenoid light blue wire). For the heck of it I depressed the accelerator and the cart ran. Test drove it a short distance and everything seemed fine. Today I took it to the golf course about a mile away. At first it seemed a little sluggish but gradually speed improved. After about 3 minutes the cart abruptly slowed down, the zero speed detect buzzer sounded and the motor braking kicked in. Took my foot off the accelerator then depressed it again and everything was fine. About a minute later the same thing happened again. Got to the course and played nine holes of golf - the cart behaved normally with no problems. On the way home the cart speed was normal but after about 4 minutes the same thing happened once more.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be happening? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you used the cart you must have had voltage on the key switch. That comes from the light blue wire on the solenoid. Have you checked the connectors on the mocor. Clean them with contact cleaner. Sounds like you have an intermitting problem. Maybe someone with more experience than me will chime in.

I need to keep my mouth shut. After further research I find the light blue wire at the solenoid gets its voltage FROM the key switch. Which gets its voltage from the tow run switch which comes from large connector on solenoid.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Could this be a speed sensor problem? Have you done a speed sensor test yet?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...nsor-test.html
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car