lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #31
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 TXT Battery terminals keep melting

I love it when you talk dirty Great thread!!!
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #32
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The heat is probably coming from the fact that the connectors on the ends of those cables are not designed to carry high current continuously. As previously stated, get yourself a complete set of cables. Your motor<>controller wiring should still be original, however.
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #33
superuo
Not Yet Wild

LOL I hear that! Thanks.
superuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #34
superuo
Not Yet Wild

Just for clarification.

The original pack were all identical batteries purchased at the same time.

incident 1. battery terminal melts. Replaced with non-identical battery
incident 2. battery pack negative battery explodes. It exploded when after being charged overnight. unplugged the charger. sat down. turned the key on, put it in reverse and applied the accelerator. before it ever moved the battery exploded.
incident 3. battery terminal melts
incident 4. battery terminal melts

I don't think the battery explosion and the battery terminal melting are connected. at least i hope not because the sound of that battery exploding was just as loud if not louder than a shot gun. I literally ran out of the garage thinking someone was shooting outside the house.

Now, let me assure you that I ran in a perfectly MANLY way out of that garage. There was no SISSY running.

YOU GUYS BELIEVE ME RIGHT?

MANLY I SAY!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #35
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

No video, didn't happen. You know the rules! Lol!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #36
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by superuo View Post
Just for clarification.

The original pack were all identical batteries purchased at the same time.

incident 2. battery pack negative battery explodes. It exploded when after being charged overnight. unplugged the charger. sat down. turned the key on, put it in reverse and applied the accelerator. before it ever moved the battery exploded.

I don't think the battery explosion and the battery terminal melting are connected.
Been reading since the beginning.....and I know when we write down stuff and events we forget little details, which is why its hard to be a detective....

BUT with the above statement, incident 2, if it happened EXACTLY like you described, I would be led to believe that there was a lose connection of some sort near that battery or on it and a explosive concentration of H2 was present under your seat....SPARK => BOOM!

Which is why you should ALWAYS lift the seat of your cart when you charge it. Its so easy. I have a bungee cord that just fits between the seat handles, when I stop for the day or whenever I plug it in, I take the bungee off on one side, lift the seat, the bungee goes behind the steering wheel and back to the seat handle. Presto-ChangeO, the seat stays up and no BOOM because of trapped Hydrogen gas.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #37
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

One thing I will add is to always make sure your battery cable is the one actually contacting the battery if you have smaller wire taps on any terminals. Each set of ring terminals creates resistance which creates heat. If you have your high current cables connected on the battery first, you run much less risk of a poor connection!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #38
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Which is why you should ALWAYS lift the seat of your cart when you charge it. Its so easy. I have a bungee cord that just fits between the seat handles, when I stop for the day or whenever I plug it in, I take the bungee off on one side, lift the seat, the bungee goes behind the steering wheel and back to the seat handle.
I recently discovered that the front piece of the motor cover, that simply rests in-place so you can remove it to inspect the batteries, is the perfect length to prop the seat up while charging!
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #39
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
I recently discovered that the front piece of the motor cover, that simply rests in-place so you can remove it to inspect the batteries, is the perfect length to prop the seat up while charging!
..a
That's a great idea, 'cept mine was flexed one time too many.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #40
superuo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Been reading since the beginning.....and I know when we write down stuff and events we forget little details, which is why its hard to be a detective....

BUT with the above statement, incident 2, if it happened EXACTLY like you described, I would be led to believe that there was a lose connection of some sort near that battery or on it and a explosive concentration of H2 was present under your seat....SPARK => BOOM!

Which is why you should ALWAYS lift the seat of your cart when you charge it. Its so easy. I have a bungee cord that just fits between the seat handles, when I stop for the day or whenever I plug it in, I take the bungee off on one side, lift the seat, the bungee goes behind the steering wheel and back to the seat handle. Presto-ChangeO, the seat stays up and no BOOM because of trapped Hydrogen gas.
Good advice I will follow. Thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO