lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #21
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Duracell Procell vs

Thank you Johnnie
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A caveat about the battery comparison lists I've posted.
The data isn't current (about two years old mostly) and the AH specs have changed for some of the specific battery model numbers.

Be sure to check for the current specs on the batteries you are considering.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
While I've always wondered if one manufacturer who makes many different "brands" has differing QA/QC standards, it more likely that they're all the same, as it would cost more money to make different quality lines than to run a single line, where they're all the same. If so, we may be paying for a name only, yet name often means customer service, which we've discussed recently on other products.

Just speculation on my part.
I think you've nailed it pretty close.

A few years ago, I asked American Optical why a replacement bulb for one of their products cost $20, when the same size bulb from Chicago Miniature (who manufactured the bulb sold by AO and stamped an AO part number on it), cost $0.50. They said Chicago Miniature built the bulb to AO specific specifications.

What AO neglected to mention was the AO spec was looser than the CM spec and that every bulb of that type that came off the standard CM production line exceeded the AO specs.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm familiar with the rip-off bulb pricing. There's also a fuse manufacturer who adds a "tip" to the end of their cartridge fuses, to ensure only their fuses will fit. You can prolly guess theirs ain't the cheapest fuse.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

To get back on topic, I guess what I was trying to convey is a "generic" battery "may" be just as well built as a name brand name, but if you run into problems, you may not have the same customer service as a brand name.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #26
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
One thing you will need to do is make sure you're comparing apples to apples. You first battery listed is 215 amp-hours. T-105s are 225, and we don't know what the third one is. Ask them for the 20 hour rating, as batteries have multiple ratings.
I asked, they said it didnt have the info on the battery...He said I should get 450 cycles out of the continental vs 800 cycles from the trojans.

He did say that the Continental were like 110 min or 50% of what the trojans were???

I have no idea

Quote:
You also can't go wrong with a ScottyB digital volt meter. We don't know how much work your buggy does in a mile. It could be all downhill with no load, or you could be in hilly country, hauling bags of corn one way, and deer back.

Ain't no easy rules of thumb.
I run it on fairly flat terrain, with a few slight inclines, and one steep hill, hauling wood on the back, or a couple two or three deer

Last edited by TreeBass; 11-06-2013 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: added pic
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Is your passenger in the first pic a deer?

I'd go with JohnnyB's suggestion on amp-hours vs. cost. We are assuming you'll keep the cart, and if cheaper batteries die sooner, you'll replace them, but having saved that much money, if I recall JohnnyB's analysis, the Duracells are the winner. (Too lazy to reread his post). Regardless of who manufacturers them, Duracell does have name recognition.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #28
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, that would be the third deer :)

I was thinking the same thing, going with the duracells, and one of Scotty's chargers.

Just kinda frustrating trying to figure batteries out, if your not buying US or trojan, seems like its a crap shoot.

Thanks for the help
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Ask your dealer for the model number on the Continental, since they're cheaper. If they're 215 amp hours, they might be worth a gamble, unless someone chimes in and says they're crap.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #30
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBass View Post
Yes, that would be the third deer :)

I was thinking the same thing, going with the duracells, and one of Scotty's chargers.

Just kinda frustrating trying to figure batteries out, if your not buying US or trojan, seems like its a crap shoot.

Thanks for the help
I've heard a lot of folks brag about Crown.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO