lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
pmgb01
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 Ezgo txt pds on and off

I have brand new batteries, full charge reads 38.+ volts. I used the cart once and it ran perfect for 27 holes. Charged the cart to full charge. The following day, played golf for 12 holes then cart died. No solenoid clicking. Let it sit for a while tow switch off then to run. Cart ran again no problems. After 2 holes cart died. switch to tow mode and then had it sent back to the cart room. I decided to check all the wiring. Cleaned all terminals and measured all voltage readings from key switch, its, microswitch, solenoid etc. tested the cart stop and go like how I would use it in the golf course and it was good. Charged the cart full. Brought it to the course and it refused to activate solenoid. What should I be looking at now. All the voltages are all within specs. Thanks for the help in advance
pmgb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 Ezgo txt pds on and off

You can only trouble shoot this problem when the cart won't go. So bring your meter and your patience with you. Below is the solenodi activation circuit - when it won't work figure out if you are missing the + or - side of the circuit ( blue or red lines) and then follow it from it's source to see where it stops.
Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo PDS solenoid activation diagram.jpg (142.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
pmgb01
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scottyb, will let you know the outcome. Thanks again.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
pmgb01
Not Yet Wild

Hi Scottyb, I traced everything. I started in the charging port. When I opened the box I noticed that the reed switch was condemned. How ever it was very corroded. I cleaned up the wires and was able to play 18 holes today with no problems. It also gave me a reading of 38.6 volts which was the same as the battery pack. Do you think this could have caused the cart going on and off? It was flawless today. I hope it continues to be the same for a long time.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
pmgb01
Not Yet Wild

Cart died again today after 25 holes. Battery reading was 36.8 my battery meter is broken so I brought with me DMV. I checked the solenoid and no power seems to be going to it from the controller. Is my controller fried?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO