lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default What motor and speed control to go with

ok guys, i just picked up 2- 2009 pds's and both motors and speed controls are shot. i dont want to spend too much money because i am going to be flipping them, what will be my cheapest option, i would even like to go back stock if i could find some used stuff for a good price. dont mind new either, I now plumb quick has a $225 motor but my motors arnt good so it would be $325 for a new motor an i have found the stock controllers for mid $200's. anyone have any ideas.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: What motor and speed control to go with

Does everyone think this will be the cheapest way to go?
Old 12-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Replacement is not the cheapest way to go if you want factory controller and motors for a PDS cart, even if buying used. The cheapest way is rebuilding. The PDS controllers can be rebuilt/repaired for $100 each if you shop around. The motors, unless they were over-revved like JohnnieB's, can also be rebuilt easily if you have the tools. The motor brushes and bearing can be bought for under $80 per motor.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Rebuilt /replacement parts are 'okay' for stock carts in original use (golf).
I wouldn't suggest rebuilt parts and big tires or off road use.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Advertise on this forum for your needs. Everyday someone is upgrading their carts so there should be a lot of used components setting around somewhere. I can't believe people are just discarding their takeouts.
Dennis
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

He didn't say he wanted to lift and add big tires. He said cheapest and that must mean stock. Still, I'd run a rebuilt pds motor on a lifted cart all day long, just not the controller or solenoid.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
chriskent85
Gone Wild

they are gonna be lifted with 14" wheels and 23" tires. both carts looks like they were submerged in water for a little time, inside the controller box there is rust color halve way up. everything in the motor has too much corrosion to be rebuilt. i found out they were from a golf course on the beach in new york. Im trying to make the most money off these cart that i can, Im putting wheels and tires, new paint, axle drop lift, new flip rear seat and new seat covers for the front, and a headlight and tailight kit. I will have right at 1k in acc, without the new motor/controller/ and solenoid. im gonna to try to sell the carts for around 4K, so the less i spend the more profit im gonna have. Got a painter that is trading out some work with me as well.

I know this is hard to see but all this sand looking stuff came out the motor when i pulled the case off

I was using a silicone spray at first, just picked up some pb blaster so hopefully it will break the armature loose
Old 12-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
chriskent85
Gone Wild

here are the other carts i just built. 2- 09 precedents. one for my sisters kids for christmas and the other i just sold for $4200. i had about $2700 in it. and i have maybe $600 in the 04 txt and sold it for $2100, and the $600 is with a brand new seat, $50 motherboard for the charger and new front seat covers

Old 12-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Plan on the rear end looking the same as the motor. After all, it's lower. Steering box may also be shot. At least, they should be torn apart and rebuilt.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

At least, sell it "buyer be ware".
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO