lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front hub needed badly

I would take your hub to an auto parts store. I'll bet you can find a direct replacement with some looking! Many front drive cars have a rear hub like yours. Measure the spindle diameters for both the inner and outer bearings also. I'll bet they are common too!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Page J1 may? help

http://bennettgolfcars.ca/upfile/man...4_12_58_32.pdf
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
Any chance of just taking the front brakes off and just using the rears to stop the cart? But keeping the parts you took off for the future buyer? Just thinkin out loud......
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
I would take your hub to an auto parts store. I'll bet you can find a direct replacement with some looking! Many front drive cars have a rear hub like yours. Measure the spindle diameters for both the inner and outer bearings also. I'll bet they are common too!
guys......your missing the point......from his 4th post, when he bought the cart it only had ONE front hub.....thus he is looking for one for the other side.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
50ragsled
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
Any chance of just taking the front brakes off and just using the rears to stop the cart? But keeping the parts you took off for the future buyer? Just thinkin out loud......
Yes I wouldn't have a problem with removing brakes if I could find a hub that would fit with out the drum. A few months ago was out of town and bought a whole front axle with out the brakes hoping I could swap it in , but just wasted more $ and more junk sitting around. I didn't have the measurements with me.
50ragsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
50ragsled
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
That looks like the right part as far as the hub except the one there is showing has 5 lug and the one I have is a 4 lug
50ragsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #16
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Maybe you could swap spindles instead of hubs? That way you use the hubs/wheels from the new spindles. That way, if the new spindles are too short, you can put spacers in. Too long and you can cut them off. Just thinkin out loud again..........
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #17
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ragsled View Post
Yes I wouldn't have a problem with removing brakes if I could find a hub that would fit with out the drum. A few months ago was out of town and bought a whole front axle with out the brakes hoping I could swap it in , but just wasted more $ and more junk sitting around. I didn't have the measurements with me.
Take the critical measurements and write them down and put em in your wallet. Next time, you'll know for sure!
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
RobCons
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What about the hubs from a small utility trailer axle? Maybe a 1500 pounder or 2000 pound unit. Most of those little ones don't come with brakes but they may fit your existing spindles.
RobCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO