lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #1
Tawas
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Plowmans performance BLK spring question

I installed the plowmans performance kit and Don isn't there on weekends :( and have a question on the black spring maybe someone can help ..on a stock cart I can pull on the drive belt and open the secondary clutch but the blk performance one I cannot open secondary at all by hand is this normal...does the secondary clutch not open unless the RPMS are much higher???maybe a new spring has to break in ???
Tawas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
duramax
Gone Wild

Default Re: Plowmans performance BLK spring question

I have the black spring & yes it is 2x as stiff as the factory one I took out. it holds you in a lower gear longer for more hill climbing power but I did loose top end when I switched to this spring. you should be able to start it in netural & rev it up & make sure it opens up & lets the belt ride down in it.my belt looked shreaded for the first 2 hours strings hanging out don said its normal on break in.
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Tawas
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

yea mine not going down at all when I rev it up.. but Iam not reving to crazy either kinda afraid to rev in neutral to much..
Old 06-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
duramax
Gone Wild

I hear ya I floored mine for like 2 sec. just don't let it tach out. mine almost goes to the bottom of the shaft my old one would & that's why it went faster.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
Tawas
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

why did you change what you paid for..suppose to be better..I just dont know why its doesn't move down almost at all??
Old 06-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #6
duramax
Gone Wild

the plowmans kit was to give me more low end power & keep the same top speed or even increase it some. which it did not. lost 7 mph on top end. im new to this so my only answer is that the new black spring is so stiff that it wont let the clutch open up enough for the belt to ride all the way down.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
duramax
Gone Wild

it sounds like your new clutch is hung up on the shaft & not able to slid back & forth.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #8
Tawas
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

FYI (MY MISTAKE) dont ask stupid questions on here like I did without talking to Don at plowmans we figured out my problem and issue resolved..my apologizes ..if you have a problem be patient and Don will go out of his way to help you get your cart running great..I gave Don WRONG info and that was my mistake I had wrong primary clutch on duhh and wondered why something was wrong..he helped me and problem fixed ..great person to deal with thanks DON
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha