lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #21
gunnardog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brand New Alltrax DCX400 controller, solenoid, batteries, cables and nothing....h

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Wait? ... the LED is solid red and it runs?

Swap F1 and F2 on the control to fix the F&R issue.
Ha ha!!! ScottyB you beat me to the punch line. You are right. I'm going to rivet the body on my cart and go for a ride!!!

Thank you very much for your help!
gunnardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brand New Alltrax DCX400 controller, solenoid, batteries, cables and nothing....h

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnardog View Post
OK, Holy Hell I thought I was going insane!!! I looked at the wiring and everything so much I finally thought I would call Alltrax to see if they could help it. It took exactly 15 seconds to fix my problem.

They had a bad run of LED lights where the LED would flash red when it was supposed to flash green. So basically when my controller was flashing four red to start and then going solid red, it was saying it was ok, ready to go.

Then the F/R problem I just needed to swap my F1/F2 Which I had tried and it worked but I was still worried about the red LED. Crazy, Right?

Anyway, after all the head scratching it turns out it was a manufacturers defect. Alltrax offered to fix it but I'm leaving it.

Thanks y'all for all of your help!!!

That's crazy! This is the first I heard of this insanity - Thank you for the heads up.
Would be nice if Alltrax could bother to notify their dealers so we don't have to find this **** out on the forum
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #23
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad you got if fixed and all is well...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #24
gunnardog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

UPDATE

Rolled it out of shop with only the rear body and seat in place and got some interesting looks from neighbors as I drove down the street.

We don't really have any flat ground in our neighborhood but on the flattest ground I could find running down the slight grade I was running 32-35MPH and running up the same grade I was running 24-26 MPH at full throttle. Seems to me on true straight and level it should run 29-30 mph flat out.

There is one very steep hill to get out of my neighborhood which kills most of the carts and they run 4-5 Mph going up the hill. I went up that hill holding 14 mph at full throttle. I typically won't make it run that fast but I wanted to see max speed on a hill that everyone hates to run in their carts.

I have bugs in my teeth from smiling!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
UPDATE

Rolled it out of shop with only the rear body and seat in place and got some interesting looks from neighbors as I drove down the street.

We don't really have any flat ground in our neighborhood but on the flattest ground I could find running down the slight grade I was running 32-35MPH and running up the same grade I was running 24-26 MPH at full throttle. Seems to me on true straight and level it should run 29-30 mph flat out.

There is one very steep hill to get out of my neighborhood which kills most of the carts and they run 4-5 Mph going up the hill. I went up that hill holding 14 mph at full throttle. I typically won't make it run that fast but I wanted to see max speed on a hill that everyone hates to run in their carts.

Did that once .... then I was disappointed how much the rear seat and all the other weight slowed the cart down.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
UPDATE

Don't drive at full throttle down the hill that bogs your cart down 14MPH going up it.
I was doing 33MPH downhill at full throttle and my motor explode, taking the controller with it, when I lifted my foot and the regen braking kicked in.

Of course, with my 17" tire height, the motor was spinning at 8k+ and I'm only running 42V, so the regen braking is stronger than it is with a 48V pack.

Don't worry about it, but do keep it in mind. To replicate my expensive learning experience, you'd have to be going at least 43MPH with your 22" tires.

-----------
When making speed runs to determine top speed, inflate tires to max allowed pressure and don't do a jackrabbit start at the beginning of it.

Volts = Speed and when you begin the run with hard acceleration, the pack voltage drops like a rock and doesn't recover nearly as quickly as it drops.

---------
I have next to no level ground in my area either and I occasionally have a little fun with the other carts in town.

With a 10.3HP @42V motor (11.8HP @48V) and tiny tires, my cart does okay going up hills.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #27
gunnardog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Did that once .... then I was disappointed how much the rear seat and all the other weight slowed the cart down.
Yeah I'm praying that all the other junk doesn't slow it down too much. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Thanks again for all the help.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:17 PM   #28
gunnardog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Don't drive at full throttle down the hill that bogs your cart down 14MPH going up it.
I was doing 33MPH downhill at full throttle and my motor explode, taking the controller with it, when I lifted my foot and the regen braking kicked in.

Of course, with my 17" tire height, the motor was spinning at 8k+ and I'm only running 42V, so the regen braking is stronger than it is with a 48V pack.

Don't worry about it, but do keep it in mind. To replicate my expensive learning experience, you'd have to be going at least 43MPH with your 22" tires.

-----------
When making speed runs to determine top speed, inflate tires to max allowed pressure and don't do a jackrabbit start at the beginning of it.

Volts = Speed and when you begin the run with hard acceleration, the pack voltage drops like a rock and doesn't recover nearly as quickly as it drops.

---------
I have next to no level ground in my area either and I occasionally have a little fun with the other carts in town.

With a 10.3HP @42V motor (11.8HP @48V) and tiny tires, my cart does okay going up hills.
LOL JohnnieB. When I read your story, it made me write one of those little mental notes to self which is, "No balls out freewheeling down really steep hills!!".

Is there a way to turn off the regen or is that something that is built into the shunt wound motors that you can't stop?
Old 10-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
LOL JohnnieB. When I read your story, it made me write one of those little mental notes to self which is, "No balls out freewheeling down really steep hills!!".

Is there a way to turn off the regen or is that something that is built into the shunt wound motors that you can't stop?
Freewheeling (coasting) down a hill won't cause you a problem unless it was a very long, very steep hill.
What got me in trouble was a combination of things. Over-revving the motor and then hitting it with max regen braking while it was running at near the max allowable case temperature. Take away one or more of those three factors and it probably wouldn't have bit the dust.

A DCX400 is user programmable, so you can turn down or turn off the regen braking. plus a lot of other things.

Have you connected your computer to the controller yet?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #30
gunnardog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Freewheeling (coasting) down a hill won't cause you a problem unless it was a very long, very steep hill.
What got me in trouble was a combination of things. Over-revving the motor and then hitting it with max regen braking while it was running at near the max allowable case temperature. Take away one or more of those three factors and it probably wouldn't have bit the dust.

A DCX400 is user programmable, so you can turn down or turn off the regen braking. plus a lot of other things.

Have you connected your computer to the controller yet?
No I went over to the dark side and switched to Apple two years ago. I am thinking about breaking out one of my old laptops with a 15 pin so I can mess with the programming.

I just got back from another shake out run and it is getting a little faster. This is only the second time I have taken it out.

How valuable is regen braking for extending the charge on a battery pack? Does it put much back? It seems like the regen occurs so quickly that it wouldn't have time to put much in but considering the way that batteries charge but I don't totally understand the theory behind how that works.

Tags
alltrax 400, ezgo 2007, no power, pds, trouble shooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO