lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #31
machynys
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Gas Club Car Fuel Issue

FYI

Jets for FE350 eng

0-3000 feet 85
3000-5000 feet 82
5000-8000 feet 80
machynys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #32
caterpillar950
Not Yet Wild

Hello guys, I have a club car 1992 would run good then start sputtering till she quit, she would start after I played with foot throttle a bit then run till I stopped again, The fuel cap had a rubber piece that fell in tank and the gas ate it up, so I re-placed filters fuel pump and a new carb, all lines seem fine, how ever she just seemed like the first fuel filter barely dribbles fuel in. it will run in maintenance mode but under power quickly looses all fuel and has to sit. So is the gas cap gasket important? Maybe she is drawing though the tank also when I inspected the vacuum line at the crank case the brass nipple spins in the housing is this normal? Im hoping its not a wore out engine but not ruled out yet, Thanks for any help Jamey.
caterpillar950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #33
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

The brass nipple spinning on the carb is normal. Mine does it.

You need to find out what part of the air/fuel/spark equation is missing when your cart stops. Next time it stops and won't start, spool it up with the pedal for a few seconds like you're trying to start it and then quickly pull the spark plug. If it's wet you have fuel, if it's dry you don't.

If you have fuel, with the plug wire still attached, hold the plug with a pair of insulated pliers up against the engine block and depress the pedal. You should be able to see the plug sparking and hear it clicking.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:13 PM   #34
caterpillar950
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I will try that. The barb that is spinning is the one on the crank case not the carb is that ok as well?
Old 08-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #35
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I'm not sure of that. I'm more familiar with the 1984-1991 carts with the KF82 flathead motor. If you have a 1992 then you have an FE290 motor. But my cart has a vacuum line coming from the crankcase as well..and it's a solid hose nipple that doesn't spin. If that nipple is leaking it could be robbing vacuum from your fuel pump, which could definitely be an issue. Try to seal it up good and see if your problem persists.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #36
caterpillar950
Not Yet Wild

You are spot on its a FE 290. Ill try and look harder it looks like its mounted internal but Ill try sealing it up, Thanks
Old 08-17-2016, 07:17 AM   #37
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr44 View Post
Check the pulse hose from the engine to the pump for oil in it. Since you over filled it with oil it probly has oil in it. That will stop the pump from functoining properly
also remember to try to keep the pulse hose as short as possible with as few dips as possible. if the hose has droops in it oil from the crankcase can get in those areas from the crankcase and block the pulse signal. the pulse signal weakens the higher the rpm of the engine. good strong signal at idle.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carburetor, fuel pump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car