lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2015, 12:04 PM   #11
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Club Car Precedent IQ

I re-installed the DCX500 and disconnected the brown/white strip wire, light blinked seven times and went solid green, no movement solenoid did not pull in and charge meter blank. I will reconnect the wire and disconnect the purple wire. as suggested.
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #12
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

I reconnected the B/W wire and disconnected the purple wire still no luck, I reconnected all wires but solenoid still not pulling in. I found a procedure on BGW last night for resetting the OBC and I did that today after installing the Alltrax. I fear I have now did the wrong thing, as the solenoid no longer pulls in. Have I killed my cart?
Old 01-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Leave the purple wire disconnected, even if you had a standard factory original MCOR, the purple wire is not used by Alltrax and it can only cause problems by being connected to the harness.

I am not sure what the idea was behind disconnecting the brown/white wire, the warning light does does not interfere with the MCOR or Alltrax, but it would leave it non-operational.

Since You reset the OBC, it is possible that it is still in lockout mode.

Just plug the charger cable and let the charge cycle start, then disconnect the charger plug again, that should wake up the OBC and provide the OK signal back to the controller.

By the way, resetting the OBC is a possible fix for when the solenoid is not clicking, which was not your original problem.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:55 PM   #14
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Purple wire disconnected, all others connected, charger plugged in for about an hour, still no solenoid operation. Not sure putting the Curtis controller back in will do any good now.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The cart will not run with the charger plugged in, that was just to start the charging cycle and therefore wake up the OBC.

The reset procedure for the OBC is just removing power for about 10 minutes, what else did You do? Was there a spark when you connected the battery cable back?
Old 01-27-2015, 02:32 PM   #16
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did remove charger before I checked operation, no spark. I always disconnect the battery negative wire first and reconnect last. I made no other changes. Solid green light on controller after power up, 52.9 volts across battery pack.
I jumped the neg. side of solenoid coil to battery neg. and solenoid pulled in, pushed accelerator, still no go.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Alltrax or the Curtis controller will not provide negative to activate the solenoid unless it sees +48v coming from the OBC Light Blue Wire interlock.

You can disconnect the OBC 6 pin plug and temporarily jump the Light Blue Wire with the Red wire in the harness side of the 6 pin plug.

That will provide the interlock signal the controller is waiting for.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:17 PM   #18
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

I disconnected the six pin connector, jumped from red to light blue on harness side of plug momentarily, reconnected plug, no change. I don't understand, there is 48v + on the light blue wire of the solenoid when R/T switch in run and I jump the dark blue / white strip to neg. of battery pack the coil pulls in. Does the OBC control the coil circuit to neg.and apply 48 + to controller?
Old 01-27-2015, 03:27 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I said temporarily not momentarily...

When You turn the Key switch ON, it applies +48v to the positive side of the solenoid (light blue wire).

When You press the foot pedal, the MCOR microswitch sends +48v to the controller green wire.

If the controller sees +48v on the light blue wire coming from the OBC (not the same wire referenced for the solenoid), the controller completes the solenoid signal to negative on the blue/white wire.

You need to leave the jumper in place on the OBC 6 pin connector so that the controller sees a valid signal and thinks the cart is not charging.

We can figure out later why the OBC interlock is is no longer working.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #20
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I jumped between the red and light blue wire on six pin plug, plug connected, R/T switch in run, key switch on, F/R switch in forward and pressed the petal, no luck. Jumped solenoid coil to neg., pushed petal, still nothing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car