lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #11
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Batteries read after sitting about 20hr:

1- 8.48
2- 8.51
3 - 8.59
4- 8.54
5 - 8.44
6- 8.45

Total bat pack at 51.0
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2015, 09:34 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club Cart IQ charger not turning off ?

Resting battery voltage is good, but it's more crucial to know whether or not it reached 58.3 during the charge cycle. Did you go back out and re-check it after you saw 58.0? I'm sure it reached 58.3 with resting numbers as good as what you've got. My money is on the OBC being bad and not triggering a shutdown.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:16 AM   #13
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Club Cart IQ charger not turning off ?

Charger started out at 15 amps and quickly went to 5amps in about an hour, maybe quicker as I just checked in an hour. So I checked pack and got the 58 reading, let it go for another hour and got 58.2 (thought I was there!) let it go for another hour and got 58 again, so unhooked and went to bed. The answer is 58.2 is best I saw, guess I can try again tonight.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:47 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The final pack voltage (voltage near the end of the charge cycle) is a good indicator of the charging system functioning properly.

The individual battery voltage near the end of the charging cycle may tell you why you are not getting the proper final voltage.

You really need to get those individual readings while the charger is still running and the pack voltage is near the upper limit.

A bad/weak battery or cell will prevent the entire pack from reaching the terminal voltage, and it may not reflect during your "rested" voltage reading due to something called "surface charge".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 AM   #15
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Club Cart IQ charger not turning off ?

Ok I'll test them each while on the charger. Tonight and report back.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #16
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok on charger for about 2hr and its at about 5amps. Batteries read:

Pack at 57.6

I'll let it go for a few more and take a reading
Old 10-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

They're US Batteries aren't they? The numbers I see look like the batteries are healthy. The reason I suspect that they're US Batteries is the fact that they charge differently than Trojan batteries do. The OBC was designed with a Trojan charging Algorithm software. The batteries may be perfectly fine, but don't meet the needs of the OBC, therefore it's not turning the charger off. I used to see lots of US Batteries covered in battery acid with all kinds of corrosion in the battery trays because they would just charge and charge without turning off. Your best solution may be a smart charger.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:47 PM   #18
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
They're US Batteries aren't they? The numbers I see look like the batteries are healthy. The reason I suspect that they're US Batteries is the fact that they charge differently than Trojan batteries do. The OBC was designed with a Trojan charging Algorithm software. The batteries may be perfectly fine, but don't meet the needs of the OBC, therefore it's not turning the charger off. I used to see lots of US Batteries covered in battery acid with all kinds of corrosion in the battery trays because they would just charge and charge without turning off. Your best solution may be a smart charger.

Do U recommend a smart charger? My cart has us batteries and if I run them down the charger cuts off fine. If I barely use them, the stock charger runs a lot longer...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:18 AM   #19
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I meant to ask do recommend a certain brand and/or model smart charger?
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:35 AM   #20
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I meant to ask do recommend a certain brand and/or model smart charger?
DPI Accusense is very well liked across the board as with 17 amp model it allows the OBC to be bypassed and puts the charger in charge. First off it has 4 selectable programs for the type/brand of battery being charged and 2nd is that it never completely shuts off. It float charges your batteries after it has finished with regular charge. This keeps your batteries at their peak yet does not boil off the water.....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car