lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

Cool Silver Standard Club Car - Front Passenger Rubbing

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post and possibly provide help with my situation.

Club Car - Silver Standard -
SN: 7D0329-299808
Electric

My issue While Driving this cart:

There is a rubbing sound underneath the front passenger side near the inside of the tire. It sounds like the tire is rubbing, and has a slight ring on the inside wall.

The passenger front shock is touching the green plastic "bumper" at the front of the cart. I'm not sure if there is some broken part (suspension, rod, bracket etc) I should be looking for.

When I am the only one in the cart, it's not terrible. But add any weight to that side and it's very noticeable. The rubbing is the worst when turning the wheel in any direction and going down hill it sounds like it's rubbing with alot of pressure. (So going downhill and applying the break really gets the friction going. Think turning a bike upside down and spinning the wheel, then putting your shoe on the treads lightly slowing it down and that sound raarrrr rarrr rrarrrr...)

I do have big tires, but never had issues in the past years with them rubbing.

The rubber (boots?) on the front rod ends are busted through, and when I turn the wheel I can see the metal shoot in and out of that rubber like it's not supposed to be doing that. The rubber on both ends is busted out.

I would greatly appreciate any help or directions to ensure I find the issue, and possibly repair this cart asap. Thanks again for your time and willingness to share your knowledge

Your spammy friend

-GMAIL
GMAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Silver Standard Club Car - Front Passenger Rubbing

to BGW

Sounds like you have a front end that needs a little TLC.

How does your leaf spring look? It could be bent.

Also, how big are your tires (diameter)?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:58 PM   #3
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: Silver Standard Club Car - Front Passenger Rubbing

Hi Jake, thanks for the welcome and helping me out!

Looking at the tires...I got a few different ones although same size different brands

BOTH FRONT TIRES: Carlisle Turf Master 22x11.00 - 10 NHS

DRIVER REAR: Carlisle Stryker AT 22x11 - 10

PASSENGER REAR: Duro 22x11 - 10

There is a part I can move with my hand on the passenger front that is connected to the wheel. The nut attached closer to the middle of the cart on that same rod is not tight, I can move it with my fingers. I've included two photos showing this, one is showing me rotate it clockwise, and another showing counterclockwise movement. Those are the only two photos with my hands in them.

All the rest of the photos are underneath the cart in various locations. Some pics in the front have the wheel turned all the way in either direction so you can see the full motion.

Thank you again for the look hope you see some things I can start repairing!!

I have many photos, so I'll continue uploading them

IMG_4200.JPG

IMG_4201.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG

IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4199.JPG
Old 04-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #4
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

IMG_4197.JPG

IMG_4198.JPG

IMG_4199.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG
Old 04-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #5
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

IMG_4191.JPG

IMG_4192.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

IMG_4194.JPG

IMG_4195.JPG
Old 04-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #6
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

IMG_4196.JPG

IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4155.JPG

IMG_4156.JPG

IMG_4157.JPG
Old 04-25-2016, 07:03 PM   #7
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4188.JPG
Old 04-25-2016, 07:06 PM   #8
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

Whew!!

Oh yeah, one more thing. If I muscle up and lift the front end off the ground, the front tires seem to get put back in position vertically. They still rub but not as noticeably but only shortly. After a bit they tend to look like they are leaning inward from the top of the tires a tad, not 45 degree angle....yet. I apologize for leaving out that detail.

Cheers! Enjoy the PICS!
Old 04-26-2016, 01:50 PM   #9
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

*update*

Got a call from one of the ladies driving the cart and the part finally broke driving over rough territory. No more steering, had to manually get on and off the cart moving the tires in the direction I needed to go. Could you imagine trying to drive a car like that!

I jacked the font end and removed the monster tires and took some more pictures. I can visually see some things wrong, but I don't know what they are called. If anyone knows the parts I need it would be helpful. There is that rod that broke, some cracked and missing rubber/plastic washers, and a bracket on the bottom near the wheel is cracked.

I would appreciate any thoughts or knows on what these items that are in the photos below - especially the broken ones

These are of the rod that broke, and both ends it's connected to.

IMG_4210.JPG IMG_4211.JPG IMG_4212.JPG IMG_4213.JPG

This pic and the first of the next are of the rear rod and where it is currently sitting with the front passenger arm broken.

IMG_4214.JPG
Old 04-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #10
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

IMG_4215.JPG

This is a bracket that doesn't seem tight. The bolt is tight, but I can lift this up and down but only the passenger side, not the one on the driver side. When comparing the two, it seems a washer or something is missing on the passenger side allowing me to move it up and down. Do you know what this part would be, or the washer or if it's supposed to move?

IMG_4216.JPG IMG_4217.JPG IMG_4221.JPG

This is what the drivers side one looks like

IMG_4223.JPG

Tags
club car, passenger side rubbing, rubbing front end, silver standard, steering system
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car