lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #11
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Silver Standard Club Car - Front Passenger Rubbing

And finally, this bracket is also broken on the passenger side. Do you know what THIS is called lol?

IMG_4224.JPG IMG_4225.JPG

I really appreciate any help given and thanks for checking out my post!

GMAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #12
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAIL View Post
*update*

Got a call from one of the ladies driving the cart and the part finally broke driving over rough territory. No more steering, had to manually get on and off the cart moving the tires in the direction I needed to go. Could you imagine trying to drive a car like that!

I jacked the font end and removed the monster tires and took some more pictures. I can visually see some things wrong, but I don't know what they are called. If anyone knows the parts I need it would be helpful. There is that rod that broke, some cracked and missing rubber/plastic washers, and a bracket on the bottom near the wheel is cracked.

I would appreciate any thoughts or knows on what these items that are in the photos below - especially the broken ones

These are of the rod that broke, and both ends it's connected to.

Attachment 134699 Attachment 134700 Attachment 134701 Attachment 134702
That is part of the drag link that is coming out of the steering rack. The best solution here is more than likely to replace the whole steering rack

Quote:
Attachment 134704

This is a bracket that doesn't seem tight. The bolt is tight, but I can lift this up and down but only the passenger side, not the one on the driver side. When comparing the two, it seems a washer or something is missing on the passenger side allowing me to move it up and down. Do you know what this part would be, or the washer or if it's supposed to move?

Attachment 134705 Attachment 134706 Attachment 134707

This is what the drivers side one looks like

Attachment 134708
You have some excessive wear going on with this cart. That entire passenger side spindle has a lot of wear at the top (and more than likely hollowed out where the king pin slides through) which is causing the slop you're seeing as well as a lot of alignment issues

Quote:
And finally, this bracket is also broken on the passenger side. Do you know what THIS is called lol?

Attachment 134709 Attachment 134710

I really appreciate any help given and thanks for checking out my post!

That is called the upper clevis
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:16 PM   #13
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I agree with all of what Nick said...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:17 PM   #14
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

When I searched for the drag link, I found on a site the exact piece I need. The part in that photo you mention drag link, is called an "Inner Steering Rack Joint."

That isn't broken from the gearbox, just from the part that screws into the passenger side tie rod. I imagine ordering that part and putting it on attaching back to the tie rod would fix it. Would this sound right to you? Perhaps my photo made it look like it was broke in the gearbox
This is the link for the part:

Inner Steering Rack Joint

I also will order new bushings and washers, clevis and whatever else I see tomorrow. I've learned a ton since yesterday searching online, breaking the cart down and reading part descriptions.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #15
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I agree with all of what Nick said...
Way to get an endorsement Nick!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #16
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
When I searched for the drag link, I found on a site the exact piece I need. The part in that photo you mention drag link, is called an "Inner Steering Rack Joint."

That isn't broken from the gearbox, just from the part that screws into the passenger side tie rod. I imagine ordering that part and putting it on attaching back to the tie rod would fix it. Would this sound right to you? Perhaps my photo made it look like it was broke in the gearbox
This is the link for the part:

Inner Steering Rack Joint

I also will order new bushings and washers, clevis and whatever else I see tomorrow. I've learned a ton since yesterday searching online, breaking the cart down and reading part descriptions.
Ok, you're in good shape. I thought both ends of that had sheared off. You should be good with just replacing that inner joint

One thing to look for while the front end is apart. The back side of the delta tower (where steering box is attached) tends to twist if the cart took an impact in the front end. This being bent can cause alignment and other steering issues

IMG_5119.jpg
Old 04-29-2016, 12:19 AM   #17
GMAIL
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Ok, you're in good shape. I thought both ends of that had sheared off. You should be good with just replacing that inner joint

One thing to look for while the front end is apart. The back side of the delta tower (where steering box is attached) tends to twist if the cart took an impact in the front end. This being bent can cause alignment and other steering issues

Attachment 134865
Awesome, I'll take a look at that tomorrow. I found out my cart is a remanufactured cart from a 2003 silver standard. Do those parts all look to be pre 2004 to you? The one that I think might now be would be the spindle because there is that extra hole. But I am wanting to order parts but don't want to grab the wrong year since 03 and 04 are different.

Thanks for all the heads up!
Old 04-29-2016, 09:12 AM   #18
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Awesome, I'll take a look at that tomorrow. I found out my cart is a remanufactured cart from a 2003 silver standard. Do those parts all look to be pre 2004 to you? The one that I think might now be would be the spindle because there is that extra hole. But I am wanting to order parts but don't want to grab the wrong year since 03 and 04 are different.

Thanks for all the heads up!
Look at the dust caps on the front hubs. If they're a black plastic, it has the 2003.5 and newer front end. If they're a silver metal cap, it has the 2003 and older front end

Tags
club car, passenger side rubbing, rubbing front end, silver standard, steering system
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car