lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2016, 06:17 PM   #1
wufpakman21
Not Yet Wild

Default Won't accelerate for a few tries then it works

My father in law bought my kids a fairly new Club Car roughly 2 years ago. Just before he passed. Never had any issues with it until we broke it back out to ride it this summer. The speed was about half of what it normally is. I read these boards and was pretty sure it's the speed sensor. However today it started doing something different. My daughter and I got on it to ride and I pushed down the accelerator and nothing happened. I did this about 6 or 7 times until finally it kicked in and sped off. Amazing thing was it was going fast again. Rode around the block and saw my wife and son coming up on their car so I stopped to talk with them for a few seconds. When I pressed the accelerator to leave it was back to half speed again. Does this sound like a speed sensor? Thanks for any help.
wufpakman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Won't accelerate for a few tries then it works

It's your MCOR. Search the forum for more info and see the pinned thread up top.

Replace that and you're back in business.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Won't accelerate for a few tries then it works

A bad solenoid could cause both the half-speed (not releasing/welded) and the not engaging part.

I also agree that if the reduced speed was not exactly half, it can also be a bad MCOR.

With the Cart in neutral, try pressing the pedal all the way down about 50 times to make sure any removable oxidation can be eliminated from the MCOR tracks.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car