lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #11
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: UTV roof for Club Car???

i have had collected rain water come out of them a few times (depending how it was parked) after a passing shower . i dont have a back seat so never really gave it much thought .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #12
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Thanks for your help. I'll post back what I decide. If not, I've already sprayed truck bed liner on "'ol flimsy", so I'll just continue to use it until something pops up.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #13
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

So I decided to pick up the Precedent roof. Couldn't pass it up for $35.

Installed it last night by fabricating some 1" square aluminum and 90 degree aluminum angle for the front struts. I have a All Sports rear seat kit and the rear struts that came with it have a different outward angle than the stock ones, so I couldn't turn them to angle inward to mount the rear of the roof without them overlapping. I cut 2" off of each end of the struts and drilled new mounting holes. I also used a heat gun to soften the rear lip of the roof so I could mold it to match the shape of the strut on the corners so that I could mount it without fear of it cracking or splitting. Turned out real nice. All I need to do now is drill new rain drainage holes because I'm going to use the stock drain hole locations in the rear to mount my rear led flood lights.

This roof is so much firmer that the stock pre-2000 roofs and looks a whole lot better to boot.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:46 AM   #14
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

cool , glad it worked for you . you need to post a pic
Old 06-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #15
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I will soon. Didn't take pics because it was too dark last night.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #16
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I pretty much mounted the front struts like you did Swan.

But had to fab the rear a little differently. Also, I added 2" long 1x1 aluminum to the inside on the stock drains to help reinforce them so I could hang my rear led floods.

Everything just needs painting and I'm going to seal PVC pipe in the drain holes to close them off. I'll drill new openings afterwards to divert rain water outside the cart.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #17
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

when i did mine i put in drop hinges to lower the roof line to get into my cargo trailer . So with the supports cut i was able to turn them around and have the facing one another . It looks good and a heck of a lot better then the crappy stock roof . Nice idea on the rear light mount .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car