lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
scottksavage
Not Yet Wild

Smile Looking for resistor solenoid setup

Howdy all, y'all might think I am crazy but I love the old school resistor solenoid setup. Not the vglide. Looking at building a matching trailer that is powered as well. I have a donor 91 club car I am going to use but it has the vglide setup. Looking for all the solenoid resistor guts someone has if they did or are doing a solid state conversion. Let me know what ya have!!! Thanks!!!!
scottksavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for resistor solenoid setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottksavage View Post
Howdy all, y'all might think I am crazy but I love the old school resistor solenoid setup. Not the vglide. Looking at building a matching trailer that is powered as well. I have a donor 91 club car I am going to use but it has the vglide setup. Looking for all the solenoid resistor guts someone has if they did or are doing a solid state conversion. Let me know what ya have!!! Thanks!!!!
Having had a resistor style cart before (still have the body but no guts), I will admit that they can be fun. I could spin the rear tires at will from a dead stop on any surface. They are hell on battery life though, because you are always using amps even driving slow. All your power is dissipated off the coils instead of saved for moving the cart. If you do go the resistor route, make sure to have heat shielding around the coils and plenty of ventilation under the seat!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:12 AM   #3
Blynchard
Not Yet Wild

I can't send you a pm what's a cell # I can text
Blynchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:50 PM   #4
scottksavage
Not Yet Wild

Email is preferred

savagecustomcoatings@yahoo.com
scottksavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:42 PM   #5
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Welcome savage to the forum. I think u r a 1st to WANT a resistor cart...cool..
check out sponsors for the guts.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car