lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Ezgo 2pg problems

HI all. I have a ezgo gas 2pg. For some reason it wasn't getting good clean spark so I did the h.e.I conversion spark changed from a dull red to a nice blue after the swap. Put new fuel line's on and filter. Cleaned carb rebuilt pump. The cart starts but acts like it has no power. Wont Rev up at all. Carb float stuck? But then it chugs while I have the carb at w.o.t? It's almost like jumping out of time? Maybe pulse coil came loose on plate?
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo 2pg problems

120psi comp. And it ran good up until lost good spark. Sorry I meant to have this in first post
Old 05-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #3
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Does it run any better in reverse? Does it run any better with the choke pulled out a little bit? One way to check the clutch side crankshaft seal is to spray a little carb cleaner on it while the engine is running. If it runs better then the seal is definitely bad. The seal under the flywheel can't be checked this way.

There is also chance that the muffler is plugged up with an oily residue. You should be able to temporarily disconnect it where it hooks to the engine. Try that to see if it runs better- it will be very loud.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:38 AM   #4
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The muffler got bbq last year I would say yes runs a little better in reverse than foward. Not much though. Both f/r are very sluggish. If you pull the choke dies instantly. Like fuel is not the issue?
Old 05-29-2017, 06:55 AM   #5
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Are you sure the choke valve is opening up all the way? Double check that the air filter is not plugged.

Also take off the air hose on the back of the carb and look in to be sure it is not flooding. Sometimes a piece of dirt will get in between the float valve needle and seat and the carb overfills with fuel.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:14 AM   #6
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The choke valve is operating properly. And removed air filter completely to inspect choke. Tried to run with air filter removed no difference. today I am going to pull the exhaust. And check the over fill tube as you had described. Thanks again
Old 05-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #7
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well I pulled the exhaust and air filter off this thing just won't spool up I manually turn the butterfly all the way open and it never gets any more rpm. Just past an idle still will barely move?
Old 05-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #8
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Also cleaned carb again?
Old 05-29-2017, 09:15 AM   #9
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Could the timing be off after this h.e.I conversiin?
Old 05-29-2017, 09:24 AM   #10
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

At what I would consider OK. R.p.m for this on a jack it hick ups and dies right down?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO