lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2017, 07:11 PM   #1
bdhoik5
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 2002 ezgo gas axle removal

Hello,
I am new to the golf cart business. I just purchased a 2002 ezgo gas txt.
After changing drive belt it still would not go. I took the left wheel off and found out that the drum and axle needs replaced. How do I remove the axle, and what bearings and seals do I need. Please help.
bdhoik5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #2
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 ezgo gas axle removal

I'm assuming the splines are stripped on the axle and brake drum? I'm not familiar with your model, but if you loosen the nut and then pull the drum off, you will likely see a snap ring where the axle comes out of the housing. Remove the snap ring and the axle will likely slide out of the housing. No need to replace the bearing unless there is play or noise.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:19 AM   #3
bdhoik5
Not Yet Wild

The splines are stripped. I ordered a new hub already hoping that it was the only thing I needed. WRONGE. So, I already got the hub on its way. Would you replace the seals.
I am a rookie, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to have everything I need to get the cart running and my wife off my back.
bdhoik5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I wouldn't replace the seal unless it was already leaking- just be careful pulling the old axle out and putting the new one in so you don't tear the seal that is there.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO