lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
draphty
Not Yet Wild

Default No spark on 2002 txt

Hello, Hoping for some help here. I picked up this cart, non running. The guy I bought it from was in the middle of the hei conversion and relocated the electrical to the rear cross bar under the seat. I been working on this thing and comparing what was done with wiring schematics. I’ve replaced the solenoid, pulsar, new battery and using an msd dual coil pack that came with it. For the life of me, I can’t get any spark. It turns over now but that’s all. I’ve identified two wires that are disconnected over near where the electrics where located, but can’t find or figure where or if they should be hooked up. They show no voltage or ground. The wires are a red one and a black one with ring terminals. I’ve checked both switches and they both check good, but no spark. Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance!
draphty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2018, 06:08 AM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No spark on 2002 txt

I don't recall many, if any, people who have had good luck with an HEI conversion on the 2 cylinder 4 cycle EZGO engines. I could be wrong because I only skimmed those threads. You might want to do a search for "ezgo hei" for more reading.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:18 AM   #3
draphty
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I’ve skimmed a lot on here, and that’s kinda what I’m seeing. Seems to work well with the 2 strokes, but very few say that it worked for them on the 4’s. Guess I need to bite the bullet and buy an original igniter and coil. Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #4
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Aftermarket on Ebay and they're selling the same exact part at the ezgo store for $125.00

EZ Go Ignition Coil OE #26652-G01 replacement - EPIGC103
20 ratings
$49.95
Macdoctor56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #5
draphty
Not Yet Wild

Default No spark on 2002 txt

Thanks...I’ll retrofit it back to stock and see how it goes.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would steer clear of after market electronic parts... I've seen and read about way to many bad right out of the box
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #7
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
I would steer clear of after market electronic parts... I've seen and read about way to many bad right out of the box
I thought I was buying a OEM part but when I got to the parts store she game me the after market and said it was all they sell. She still charged me $98.00.
Macdoctor56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:47 PM   #8
draphty
Not Yet Wild

Still fighting gremlins on this thing. New hei module as the other one tested bad at the auto parts store, new gm 3.1 v6 coil, new solenoid, new voltage regulator, new pulsar, new fully charged battery. During testing and ohming everything out, I found that the oil pressure switch seems to be faulty as it goes straight to ground, even while cranking which I read kills the spark, so I disconnected the lead to it. Here’s the thing, the new pulsar is testing the same during cranking. I’m getting 0.032 volts ac. While I was replacing it, I cleaned the rust off the outer ring of the flywheel with a wire brush so that I could set the gap. I set it at 0.03. Any ideas what’s going on? Did I get a bad pulsar? Completely confused with this thing.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Put it back to stock. These things are easy to repair so why change it ?
I can only help you if it is stock. Tom
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:01 PM   #10
draphty
Not Yet Wild

I’m close to doing just that...but that pulsar coil has me confused as to why low output when it’s completely disconnected from everything else while testing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO