lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
Duman25
Not Yet Wild

Angry 84 marathon power issues

I’ve got an 84 marathon I picked up from a guy I cut grass for. Finally got all the wiring situated and did the HEI conversion and got it running great. However it just had no pulling power what so ever. Reading the forums on here I’ve replaced the crankshaft seals. Put a hp3004 belt on it and still no power. Has 125 pounds of compression both ways. It backfires when it gets to high rpms and will not pull. Does pull better in reverse. Help please!
Duman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2018, 10:58 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 marathon power issues

Driven clutch could cause the low power pulling but not sure about the backfiring. Got a new plug installed ? and checked the wire ? I have had a few of these things with plugged up mufflers Mixing the oil and no oil injection I assume ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:13 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You could also try switching the red and blue pulsar wires.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:52 AM   #4
Duman25
Not Yet Wild

Brand new plug installed and yes mixing the oil and gas. I’ll try swapping the pulsed wires this evening!
Old 08-02-2018, 07:36 PM   #5
Duman25
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: 84 marathon power issues

Finally got a chance to look at the cart today and big thanks to cart around! Switching the wires worked perfect. Reba up higher and doesn’t backfire. Finally got some power and was able to ride it down the road! Big thanks to everyone’s input!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO