lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2021, 10:37 AM   #1
tomrain
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas 2000 EzGo wont do anything

Help! I was installing lights and a stereo in a 2000 txt. Took the carb off and cleaned, adjusted the valves. Took it out and it ran great. Then installed lights and stereo. Which I have done on several. Im a decent electrician, but this thing has me bumfuzzled. After I got the lights installed, was gonna take it out for a ride, started to back it up, it was turning over about to run, then just went dead and wouldnt do anything. Now, I can push the pedal and nothing is happening. I checked the 2 fuses, both are good. This is where it gets weird, I thought maybe I had knocked a wire off the keyswitch or something? Pulled it out and it was ok, I can take a jumper from the positive post of the battery and touch to the keyswitch and the cart will start up to run...I found a loose 14 guage green wire that I have no clue where it goes, i can touch it to the positive battery terminal and the cart starts up. I thought possibly a problem with the mircro foot switch, pulled it off and its working ok. All the big wad of wires around the solenoid assembly seem ok. Im sure that Im missing something really obvious, but its about to drive me to drinking trying to figure it out. Thanks in advance!!
tomrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2021, 10:53 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Gas 2000 EzGo wont do anything

Blue and green should be on the key switch. Green comes from the battery side of the solenoid and there is a fuse in that circuit. Check that first. It will be under the cover by the solenoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7BDAB213-CB8E-4418-A408-D3389B0959E0.jpeg (90.3 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That green wire is one of the power wires to your key switch or a wire to the starter I believe...click Home at top of page...Go down to GAS EZ GO..click...go to sticky Repair manuals..Click on 99 fleet repair manual...scroll down to section K...that is the wiring diagram for your cart
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:59 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Oh nevermind too little to late on that one lol thats easier...
Old 06-16-2021, 11:27 AM   #5
tomrain
Not Yet Wild

Thanks,
Yes, that schematic is the one I had, but when I get to tracing out the wires, Im getting lost. I found the glass fuse by the solenoid, and the other fuse coming off the battery. Is there another fuse hidden? the green wire in question has a male spade end on it and its coming from the front, thru the battery compartment. For the life of me, I cant find where it wouldve gone? Im trying to find a female spade connector that will hook to it? Can someone explain to me why when I touch 12volts to the keyswitch, the cart is starting up and running without depressing the pedal? Thats what started me off on a wild goose chase, thinking it would have to be in the foot pedal switch. Thanks for all the replies!
Old 06-16-2021, 11:38 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

According to the schematic if you are feeding power to key switch you are bypassing the pedal microswitch...
Old 06-16-2021, 11:48 AM   #7
tomrain
Not Yet Wild

Ok, well duh, that makes sense. I guess in my mind I was locked in that the keyswitch should have 12v on it, but I guess in this case it doesnt. I know on boats and vehicles there is 12v at the keyswitch.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:51 AM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It looks like on this vehicle you feed power through the pedal switch first, then goes through key switch and back to solenoid...I advise you to go to the repair manual I suggested and look at the schematic directly under the wiring diagram...It shows physical location and wire colors as well...Green wire with male spade looks to attach to wiring harness just in front of starter/generator...
Old 06-16-2021, 11:52 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

There is 12 at the key switch once the pedal is pushed. Green gets its power from the micro at the pedal. Red feeds the pedal. Check the wires going to the pedal box
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:56 AM   #10
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

As already stated, there are only two green wires. one for the voltage regulator that connects to the starter DF terminal and the other one as already stated feeds the ignition switch from the pedal switch. Look around the back of the forward/reverse lever. You should see a gray sheathed cable with red and green wires in it That goes to the pedal box. The red should be piggy backed on the reverse buzzer micro switch and goes to the pedal switch, then from the pedal switch the green feeds voltage up to the ignition switch on green. there is a break in this circuit somewhere. so if you have a green wire with a spade connector you need to find another wire with the opposite spade as far as i recall.

Does this green wire come from the loom or is it from that grey sheathed cable?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO