lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
rbake
Not Yet Wild

Default wired in lights now cart won't go?

I have a 1998 ezgo txt electric. It has the factory wiring for lights. I have never had a problem with this cart. It has new batteries etc.

The factory key switch has 4 spades on the back. 2 goto the solenoid area and 1 comes from the fuse panel 12v hot and goes out the other spade to my lights. This is the only wire i am using out of the factory light wiring except for 1 ground out of the factory light wiring. The lights work fine when the switch is turned to the second position. But, now the cart won't activate the solenoid on either key position.

I must have shorted something. I've unhooked the lights and still nogo. I'm getting the right voltages on the solenoid (39 on bat side 38.8 on other) When i test the small lugs on solenoid I get .3 with switch on and .1 with switch off. When I press the pedal, no solenoid activation.

any Ideas??
rbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
rbake
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: wired in lights now cart won't go?

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for factory lights? Also, where is the voltage reducer? The wire feeding the factory fuse block comes off of a neg. post in the middle of my pack.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

unless someone added a voltage reducer your cart does not have one. The power to the fuse panel comes from 2 of your batteries.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
rbake
Not Yet Wild

I found the factory light wiring diagram. Somehow my green wire was on a neg. post (should have been on pos.) but i still got 12 volts? I moved it to where it goes but nothing works now. What would cause the solenoid not to activate?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Green wire is positive power to the peddle micro-switch. The micros burn easily when shorted. This micro completes the solenoid activation circuit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO