lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Key Switch

So I have not pulled mine yet and I still have the push pin rivets holding it in.

I notice that it has 3 positions already. Off-on-on. Does this mean it has the light option switch installed. All the carts I ever rented had the 3 position switch so when you go from the first run to full right on it turned on the lights.

Next question, is the switch 36 volt in and out? or is it 12? I ask because I see a set of wires off the batteries in a 12 volt configuration ( the 2 batts closest to the controller Right side).

The cart is a factory 07 pds fleet cart with no light yet and I want to install some without using one of those pull switches. I see 3 position switches for sale but like I said I can feel the detentes in mine already but haven't looked at the wire side yet.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Key Switch

He listens as he hears the crickets chirp.........
Old 01-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Spawn, you will need to pull it apart to verify, usually if it is a 3 position switch the first two will be for activating the cart, the other two would be for lights, or 12v accessories.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So it has 12 volts running through the switch correct. It can be used to turn on and off other things besides just the controller? I want to be able to turn off the 12 volt accessories with the one switch. It will control a master relay for the accessories off the battery.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

It may have 12 volts, most likely not since you stated your cart does not have lights now. You may want to use it just for lights. Others have tried this before, but it was too much for the switch to handle and it would go bad. You may be better off hiding a toggle switch or put it on the dash to control you 12v accessories.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

If it is wired with 12v now, it should have a blue/white wire on it. Every cart from EZGO that I have seen has this wire for its lights, check into and see what's going on for sure.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If I go to a relay then it wont task the switch at all.

Thanks for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO