lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Slow down after a few minutes of running

I forgot about the city Gem cars ... they use them once a yr for 4th of July crowd control and yep, you guessed it. They bought batteries 2 yrs in a row
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I forgot about the city Gem cars ... they use them once a yr for 4th of July crowd control and yep, you guessed it. They bought batteries 2 yrs in a row
ouch... if those were the 72 volt model and they bought the GEL cel batteries that you are supposed to run in them, I know that was an expensive service.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

$1000 a car ......
Old 06-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m so glad to read you guys have seen batteries go south in some cases in 12 months.....can,t tell you how many times i have seen this with batteries in the 12 to 18 month age but yet i people tell me no way in the world is that going to happen.......i just have to laugh at them they will spend a week going over everything they shouldn,t because they say it can,t be the batteries..........just glad i,m not alone.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Proper maintence is so critical when it comes to batteries..... people that actually take care of their batteries are so much better off....

I can't tell you how many times I get in carts that have 8 or 9 year old batteries in them just because the owners spend 15 minutes a month doing routine maintenence.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Proper maintence is so critical when it comes to batteries..... people that actually take care of their batteries are so much better off....

I can't tell you how many times I get in carts that have 8 or 9 year old batteries in them just because the owners spend 15 minutes a month doing routine maintenence.....
bingo, bingo, and bingo.................the saddest part is 15 minutes a month......there are times i lift the seat and the guy will give me every excuse in the world why its a dirty crodded mess but i have elderly woman who spend 15 minuts a month and things look new but the guy says i can,t imagine why my batteries only lasted 18 months and than he wants to go start a fight with the place he bought them at......no dude its your fault you did no maintence what so ever...............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #17
H2Os
Not Yet Wild

So, I've checked all batteries singularly and as a pack, each says 6v or close and the pack says 35/36. My next move is to check accelerator but not sure how to exactly. When I push down to floor I'm getting a consistent hum and not much acceleration. When I partially push it down or just barely, the cart begins to accelerate but slowly. When I go in reverse, the cart moves quite nicely. Can someone help me find my problem here? I'm seeing two black boxes on the right side which the front one is my gear box I believe, is the larger one my accelerator, etc...(my problem?) Help!
H2Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Os View Post
So, I've checked all batteries singularly and as a pack, each says 6v or close and the pack says 35/36. My next move is to check accelerator but not sure how to exactly. When I push down to floor I'm getting a consistent hum and not much acceleration. When I partially push it down or just barely, the cart begins to accelerate but slowly. When I go in reverse, the cart moves quite nicely. Can someone help me find my problem here? I'm seeing two black boxes on the right side which the front one is my gear box I believe, is the larger one my accelerator, etc...(my problem?) Help!
35/36 volts is below empty...... You really can't test the cart until you have a good battery pack. A full pack will read 38v 12 hours after the charger shuts off.
Connect the meter to the pack and put it on the seat next to you...... what does the battery pack drop down to when you drive the cart?
Old 07-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #19
H2Os
Not Yet Wild

Can you tell me specifically which battery to go off of with the tester while driving? Do I attach to the first or last one? Not sure, really a rookie here but don't want to have to take it in to someone would rather figure out myself.
H2Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Connect to the same posts where you get your pack total... 36v or whatever. Those 2, 1 positive and 1 negative are the battery pack mains... they are recognized by the fact that every other battery post cable connects to another battery except these two, they connect to the cart.

Everybody keeps calling for a load test, and rightly so. But the cart motor is a great load tester, and it's already hooked up. So just connect the meter, note the standing voltage and watch the meter as you drive (uphill if possible) post what the lowest reading you get is.... now your learning something
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO