lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
marfan2003
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: marathon accessory battery location

I think it is 18Ah, I haven't had the radio die on me with it running for at least 4hrs working in the garage. I don't usually run it longer than that and I trickle charge the ACC if I have it out with lights and stereo on, so I can't say how long it would go before it dies.
marfan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #12
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

I run head lights, tail lights, neon's, cd player, rope lights (on a converter), and an air horns off of a small 12v battery with no problem at all. I made my own rear seat and a "cover" panel for my bag well that hides it all and have no problem.

I don't have a LONG period of use on them at once, but if I go out 1-2 nights a week with it all on for an average of 30min each time, I still only charge my acc battery about once a month and could go longer then that I am sure.
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #13
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

what type of battery did you use? i'd also like to see the cover you made for it.
jonnymoon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #14
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

it is just a "off-brand" acid battery (I don't know the group size right off) but it is a smaller size battery. I gave $30 for it from the battery man that stops by my work weekly.

I added a pic of the cover. I made the rear step and rear seat as well so it was pretty easy to tie in the cover. It is basically just a 3/4" plywood painted black on the inside, hinged at the bottom, magnets hold it closed at the top and it and the step is just an outdoor carpet runner from Home Depot (like $10 I think).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart92 007.jpg (141.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #15
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks EZ-GO-MY-WALLET2! your back seat looks awesome and it has given me an idea for mine (devious smile)
Old 07-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #16
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: marathon accessory battery location

I installed these two in mine years ago. One on each side. I never had a problem with them.

The batteries were out of a 24 volt scooter. I even drilled a hole on the side for the charger connection to use the scooter charger.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #17
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

what size is a battery like this? i was thinking of something like this for mine but i dont know what size to look for
Old 07-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #18
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

great idea Andy, funny thing is I just took the batteries out of my daughters Razor a few weeks ago after it sat too long to take a charge. I used the info off of this website(I learned along time ago) to try and "boost" the charge on each of them hoping the charger would kick on. I could never get more then 5-6 volts out of them even charging them seperate with a 12v charger(it sat 2yrs).......

anyway, the point to all this was that I was very surprised to see they were 12v batteries and the size of them. Do they seem to hold up well with the acc's loaded onto them as far as how long you can run radio/lights etc ?

jm5, thanks on the rear seat and hope it helps you. Looking at your cart you may need a speaker mount/storage box on the top of your bag well

I guess this will let everyone see some of my redneck-nus-use-what-cha-got garage tactics......but the plastic behind my back rest is a industrial cutting/chop block(plastic/teflon) like stuff scuffed primed and painted. The side hand rails are from a wall mount tv holder. The hand rails are the arm(s) that goes under the tv to hold the vcr/dvd player(minus the flat part that the player actually sits on).

And to think, my wife wonders why I hold on to stuff and I don't throw it away?????????
Old 07-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #19
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

i'm actually contemplating just making that entire area into a boxed storage area for the accessory battery, charger, cooler, all that fun stuff. i'm also thinking of making a back seat but the way my roof is setup i would have to make a 1 seat rear seat.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO