lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
sophie814
Not Yet Wild

Default new powertron ? batteries..how to tell age?

Hi. I bought a cart with NEW batteries. I think I remember the label sayign they are powertrons. (I have a refurbed ezgo DCS serial says built 8/97, but the guy called it a 9. Batteries look new, but I don't see a year on them to make sure. Also didn't see any info about this brand of batteries. I am hoping they are not bad ones. He did warranty them for 1 year. I'm trying to break them in properly. I've probably driven it 10 times now and the first time didn't know about break in and drove 3 hours. since then try to stop riding by the time my LED meter is down 1-2 notches (1hr or so of driving). Anyway, how do you tell year on batteries? All it has is all the months and numbers to pop out on your own to remember the date. Seller didn't pop any of that out..but could pop anything out. So looking for way to tell if they have year on them somewhere. Also are powertrons bad? (I am not positive that's the brand--I am not infront of it now..but somethign like that).
sophie814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new powertron ? batteries..how to tell age?

Powertron is made by Trojan as an inexpensive alternative to their good batteries. They aren't the worst thing out there but neither are they the best. As for the year of them.... I'm not sure if they were stamping the posts of putting a sticker on the side casing.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
shopdog39702
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey guys, I just bought a set of 8 volt powertrons and they have "C-1" on the teminals. I'm assuming that the 1 is the last # in the year of mfg.
shopdog39702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds like a March 2011
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO