lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #21
contractorslim
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2005 Electric EzGo wont go but motor sounds like it is running?

Ok so can't get the motor off to check the input shaft splines. Seems to be frozen on there...even after a few whacks with a mallet no luck. So I did ohm the motor out following the diagnostics guide on the forum and no problems there it passed the fail test. However I did check the batteries. It hasn't been charged in a week since the last time I messed with it. Out of 6 batteries: 5 are holding 6.3v and 1 is only holding 5.2v ...could this be the source of the problem? Don't really want to pull the differential cover off if this could be it. Well hope to hear from you guys soon!
contractorslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #22
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Whether that is the "source" it is for sure a big problem.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #23
rib33024

You said you were going to test the batteries, and load test them, what did you find out??, are these the batteries that came in the cart??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #24
contractorslim
Not Yet Wild

No wonder my earlier reply didn't post! Stupid phone lol...probably operator error! I did load test the batteries...upon checking idividual batteries the 1 battery that was low was 5.2v...when I load tested it the same battery went to 0.7v showing bad bad! The total voltage went from 36.5 and dropped to 27.9v while under load. The batteries I belive are original. The guy doesn't have enough money to replace all 6 at the moment so he is going to go ahead and replace the battery that is bad. What is the lowest voltage the cart will actually carry its own weight on? Just curious. Thanks guys
contractorslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #25
rib33024

I would say you have more than one bad battery, and that the batteries are your problem, now tell us what drive system you have, do you have a tow/run switch under the seat on the controller cover??, and is the F/R switch on the dash??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO