lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #21
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 ezgo

Will do...tks kenny...I'll let you know!
stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #22
kennyh99
Not Yet Wild

also u say u have 38.5 at the pack, then 33 at the solenoid, if your pack voltage is 38, then the imput into the solenoid should be 38 volts, your pack voltage goes directly to the solenoid, theres nothin other than a wire from your pack, to the solenoid.

are u saying it drops to 33.4 when u hit the accelerater? then what i said on the last post is the problem, if u jump the solenoid and it still is low voltage then its not causing the problem.
kennyh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #23
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I checked my bats underload...2bats with low cell in each one. I'm pumping them up...get back 2 ya...tks Kenny
Old 10-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #24
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Kenny...I pumped up one batt.( boiled distilled water & epson salt...internet trick..ha) but the other batt. will not come up...new batt!. I will try to work on it this week and should (because of your help) get it running. Appreciate you,scotty,ect help...what a great site. I will keep in touch...have another tread to post on another cart of one of my friends!...Tks stuff
Old 10-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #25
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Kenny...i had a chance to check things out. got a replacement batt. for the week one..no change. 38.4v@ pack. 31.5@ solenoid(with or without load) and f&r terminals. I checked the motor it checks fine! I'm at a loss!!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #26
72volt_ezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff View Post
Kenny...i had a chance to check things out. got a replacement batt. for the week one..no change. 38.4v@ pack. 31.5@ solenoid(with or without load) and f&r terminals. I checked the motor it checks fine! I'm at a loss!!
What do you mean by the motor checked fine? Did you get it to spin?

Just to confirm..If you had your solenoid click and you have near battery voltage on the two LARGE posts then you are good up until that point!

See if it is making it through the F&R switch, see if it makes it to the throttle board through the contacts and out through the cables to the resistors and motor.(wrong order but ok for now) You could have a bad connection at the resistors or even a burned/broken resistor coil etc. On the other hand it only takes to miss one wire to cause a problem and I think that's what you have to chase down.

So to recap: You have battery pack voltage on both large posts on solenoid?
Do you have anything on motor posts? What is it and which ones?
72volt_ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #27
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Tks 72 volts for your reply! Hears the deal. "yes" i did get the motor to spin. I got 38.5 volts from batt. pack. But....i only have 31.5 volts anywhere else! Solenoid 31.5volts.. it does'nt matter if its under load or not. Motor s1-a2..31.5...terminals on the F&R switch ..same. I check resistor coils..ok. I think i need to take it to the doctor...I'm shot..tks?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #28
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Cool Re: 85 ezgo

Here maybe this can help, those digrams leave a lot of guessing sometimes.
All the pictures were taken before the rebuild so I would have a good starting point to redo the cart and it's done now.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #29
72volt_ezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Andy those illustrations are awesome! I'm glad to see you back!

@stuff: Now you have something good to go on! You will get it just carefully follow the wires and don't forget about the rest of the posts on the F&R switch neither!

Barna
72volt_ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #30
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: 85 ezgo

Thanks I'm still not back 100%. The doc said I have Pneumonia in my left lung so I'm still taking meds and haven't worked in over a week now! Just don't have no go power for now.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO