lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #21
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent SOC ~ digital meter install

Looks good Scotty! I want one for each of my carts but have to wait for now. will let you know when its time.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #22
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I wish there was a way but nothing stands out? Ezgo was eazy because they had that little 2 x 4 key switch plate which was just a natural to modify...Have you got any ideas?
Scotty, what might be nice would be a plate just a bit larger than the meter itself. This way someone could cut the meter hole to a close proximity and have the faceplate cover any possible mistake. The clip for the meter should still work if they just cut "close enough" and no screws would be needed to mount to the dash. The picture I show below where my Round LED Meter is would be a great place for your Digital Meter! There is nothing behind it and 2 wires that CC uses for their meter are right below where the Digital Meter would go, 48 volt. I believe those wires are Orange and Black and are not connected to anything unless there was a CC Bar Meter installed. Since all dashes are black plastic a black face plate would go well. Just a thought for increasing sales of the meters with a very easy install process! Also if someone wanted to have it work through the Key Switch... it's right there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0934.jpg (228.8 KB, 46 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good idea Scuba ... several minds hit on that at the same time.... I just sent the drawings over to the manufacture
They look like this .. The square unit would cover the Curtis hole.
Attached Images
File Type: png Digital meter trims.png (18.6 KB, 12 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #24
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Scotty, what might be nice would be a plate just a bit larger than the meter itself. This way someone could cut the meter hole to a close proximity and have the faceplate cover any possible mistake. The clip for the meter should still work if they just cut "close enough" and no screws would be needed to mount to the dash. The picture I show below where my Round LED Meter is would be a great place for your Digital Meter! There is nothing behind it and 2 wires that CC uses for their meter are right below where the Digital Meter would go, 48 volt. I believe those wires are Orange and Black and are not connected to anything unless there was a CC Bar Meter installed. Since all dashes are black plastic a black face plate would go well. Just a thought for increasing sales of the meters with a very easy install process! Also if someone wanted to have it work through the Key Switch... it's right there!
Good idea Scuba So I should have an Orange and Black wire not being used in my dash that would give me a 48v feed for the meter, correct? Also if I want it to be controlled by my key switch how would it be connected?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #25
scubabud

Club Car

Very nice Scotty
Old 10-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #26
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

We posted at the same time Scuba
Old 10-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #27
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Good idea Scuba So I should have an Orange and Black wire not being used in my dash that would give me a 48v feed for the meter, correct? Also if I want it to be controlled by my key switch how would it be connected?
Using a voltmeter just determine the only hot when key is on side/wire of the switch and wire to your meter using an additional wire to that side and your meter. The ground wire would be the neg/black lead of the pair I was talking about in the previous post. But... I would NOT switch it... I have my DIGITAL on all the time and can glance at my voltage always.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #28
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Using a voltmeter just determine the only hot when key is on side/wire of the switch and wire to your meter. The ground wire would be the neg/black lead of the pair I was talking about in the previous thread. But... I would NOT switch it... I have my DIGITAL on all the time and can glance at my voltage always.
Like scotty has mentioned, there is hardly a draw and seems it would be no problem leaving it on all the time. I was just wondering when I store the cart away for the season that leaving it on it OK.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:40 AM   #29
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Like scotty has mentioned, there is hardly a draw and seems it would be no problem leaving it on all the time. I was just wondering when I store the cart away for the season that leaving it on it OK.
Just use a separate toggle for that purpose if you prefer... look at my dash pick, I have 2 on mine.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #30
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Good idea Scuba ... several minds hit on that at the same time.... I just sent the drawings over to the manufacture
They look like this .. The square unit would cover the Curtis hole.
When you have it worked out, let me know . . I want the digital meter with the fascia so it would be a seamless replacement for my Curtis bar meter . . . start making your list of prospective buyers . .

EDIT: Just measured the hole in my dash . . . 1" high x 1.5" wide . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digital, led, state of charge
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car